Thread: House of Cards

House of Cards

Anybody else enjoying House of Cards (2013, Neflix)? I've just watched a few episodes so far and am enjoying it quite a bit -- maybe more than expected.

This Netflix version, starring Kevin Spacey as Francis Underwood, is a much expanded and Americanized version of the the 1990 BBC mini-series of the same name, starring Ian Richardson as Francis Urquhart. Despite the obvious borrowings from the BBC series, ("I couldn't possible comment", etc.), the new series is a lot more than a cheap knock-off.

I'm giving a the Netflix version a tentative 8/10* while the BBC version gets 9/10*. Both are great but the edge goes to the BBC for its more compact story and because, though Kevin Spacey is a very fine actor, the late Ian Richardson was a great actor.

Cool

yes sir, your not alone playing with that deck of cards love em booth "I just finished watching the BBC original last weeks"

the Francis Urquhart Character, sure has a dark side, and he's not afraid to do whatever it takes to be the next PM, and so is our USA Francis & Claire Underwood who is back tonight with season 2 on "Netflix streaming, all 13 episodes will be available , the Man finally got the VeeP spot (can we call him the Majority whip!!)

lets see how this HOUSE of CARDS STACKED UP, and who's in control......... I'm planning to Binge-watch This, anyone else?
    Chet Baker-Trumpet
    Pepper Adams-Baritone Sax
    Herbie Mann-Flute
    Bill Evans-Piano
    Paul Chambers-Bass & Connie Kay-Drums
    (....ALONE TOGETHER....) DEC. 30 1958
    produced by...Orrin Keepnews...

Quote Originally Posted by winston View Post
    yes sir, your not alone playing with that deck of cards love em booth "I just finished watching the BBC original last weeks"

the Francis Urquhart Character, sure has a dark side, and he's not afraid to do whatever it takes to be the next PM, and so is our USA Francis & Claire Underwood who is back tonight with season 2 on "Netflix streaming, all 13 episodes will be available , the Man finally got the VeeP spot (can we call him the Majority whip!!)

lets see how this HOUSE of CARDS STACKED UP, and who's in control......... I'm planning to Binge-watch This, anyone else?
    I've been watching about one episode a day which, I guess, isn't quite binge watching. I'll start on Season 2 as soon as I've finished Season 1.

I only just restarted my Netflix subscription a couple of weeks ago -- I got tired of 'B' movies which is what we mainly seem to get up here in the Great White North. So far this time I've watched a couple of movies and started on Dexter in addition to House of Cards. Dexter isn't quite the show that HoC is but its eccentric premise has kept me going into Season 2.

Thread Information