Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Florian

Thread: Usher Audio D2 MKII & Acoustic Signature Turntable Pictures

Usher Audio D2 MKII & Acoustic Signature Turntable Pictures

Hello Guys,

here go some pics of my new setup. (Don`t worry Joe i still got my Grands as well).

• Usher Audio D2 MKII (2013 Version, 300kg per side)
    • KR Electronics KR V350i (SET 30Watts, No Feedback)
    • Acoustic Signature Analog One with External Power Supply
    • 2 Motors
    • Balance Audio Aeries (Air Floatation) Arm
    • Van Den Hul Canary Special Edition MC
    • Plinius Koru
    • Siltech, Goertz, Lundahl & Analysis Plus cables

Enjoy the pics

Usher Audio D2 MKII & Acoustic Signature Turntable Pictures-dsc01572.jpgUsher Audio D2 MKII & Acoustic Signature Turntable Pictures-dsc01349.jpg
    JohnMichael likes this.
    Lots of music but not enough time for it all

Thanks for the pictures and info. This system in various ways is a polar departure from Grands and associated components you've enthused about in the past.

Do you find the large horns have some of the qualities of ribbons? In any case it seems clear to me that people who like SETs, horns, and vinyl (for the matter), have a different taste in sound from those who like s/s (or hybrids or push/pull value) amps, dynamics or planars, and digital sources. Some people take a strong position and are quite judgemental of others' choices, though I'm not one those myself.

Charm Thai™
    Holey moley that record player is insane!

Quote Originally Posted by Feanor View Post
    Thanks for the pictures and info. This system in various ways is a polar departure from Grands and associated components you've enthused about in the past.

Do you find the large horns have some of the qualities of ribbons? In any case it seems clear to me that people who like SETs, horns, and vinyl (for the matter), have a different taste in sound from those who like s/s (or hybrids or push/pull value) amps, dynamics or planars, and digital sources. Some people take a strong position and are quite judgemental of others' choices, though I'm not one those myself.
    If executed right, planars (true ribbon midrange designs) and good 2 way horns are very similar in my experience. Both are crazy in resolution, dynamics and soundstaging. I had some of the best SS designs myself and just dont like them on a horn or a planar. Hybrids can be very good indeed as can pure tubes. In the end its really a money question. Some good things are affordable, but to get the ultimate or close to the ultimate you have to spend lots of cash. I enjoy all systems and am not fixed a certain type of design. I still dont like 99% of all box speakers or horns....but there are some exceptions, which is why i buy them. The Grand is still here, altough currently for sale. If you will, i can sort of choose now from a huge range of products which is not possible for most outside of the showroom and it took me 7 years to find something i like as much or better.

Cheers

Great system as always...what Analysis Plus cables do you have?
    Music...let it into your soul and be moved....with Canton...Pure Music

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    W10 i5 Quad core processor 8GB RAM/Jriver 20/ Fidelizer Optimizer/ iFI Micro DSD DAC-iUSB 3.0/Vincent SA - T1/Vincent SP-331 MK /MMF-7.1/2M BLACK/MS Phenomena ll+/Canton Vento 830.2

I don't know, it just says Analysis Plus "Patent Pending" (API) and on the top it says "Sophia". I also have some Analysis Plus Solo Crystal Oval interconnects, but i don't use those, instead i use Lundahl LL6810 from Sweden with transformers.

Like that TT and arm a lot!!!! I hope your current gear gives you as much pleasure as the Grands.
    ARC SP9 MKIII, VPI HW19, Rega RB300
    Marcof PPA1, Shure, Sumiko, Ortofon carts, Yamaha DVD-S1800
    Behringer UCA222, Emotiva XDA-2, HiFimeDIY
    Accuphase T101, Teac V-7010, Nak ZX-7. LX-5, Behringer DSP1124P
    Front: Magnepan 1.7, DBX 223SX, 2 modified Dynaco MK3's, 2, 12" DIY TL subs (Pass El-Pipe-O) 2 bridged Crown XLS-402
    Rear/HT: Emotiva UMC200, Acoustat Model 1/SPW-1, Behringer CX2310, 2 Adcom GFA-545

Quote Originally Posted by JoeE SP9 View Post
    Like that TT and arm a lot!!!! I hope your current gear gives you as much pleasure as the Grands.
    Thanks Joe, the TT is awsome and i enjoy the whole system massively altough its a bit sad to see a fully restored pair of Grands in perfect condition collecting a bit dust at the back of the room.

I also have some Analysis Plus Solo Crystal Oval interconnects, but i don't use those

Do you want to sell the Analysis Plus Solo Crystal Cable?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    W10 i5 Quad core processor 8GB RAM/Jriver 20/ Fidelizer Optimizer/ iFI Micro DSD DAC-iUSB 3.0/Vincent SA - T1/Vincent SP-331 MK /MMF-7.1/2M BLACK/MS Phenomena ll+/Canton Vento 830.2

Quote Originally Posted by frenchmon View Post
    [/FONT][/COLOR]

Do you want to sell the Analysis Plus Solo Crystal Cable?
    Hello, no i usually keep stuff below 500$, never know if i need it.

Ok...just asking. In the States, those retail for $550.00 per meter. I have one pair and will be getting 2 more pair and then the speaker cables.

Thread Information