AR Newbie Registered Member

Left Channel Bad/Denon DRA-635R

Hello everyone.

Last night, I picked up a Denon DRA-635R (my second one), and when I plugged it in, the left channel barely emits a signal. I hear something trying to get through, but it is barely audible. I will have to admit that I wiped the front down with a sponge last night. I figured maybe that was the cause, so I let it sit overnight. This morning, the condition persists. I have tried all sources (C.D., cassette, and radio) and all have this same symptom. I have checked the speaker connections, and the wires between speakers and receiver and between components are good. Headphones confirm left side is out.
    Apparently, I will have to have it serviced, but just to set my mind at ease, I would like to know whether my wiping of the front panel could have caused a permanent, low, thin, almost-absent volume from the left side. Thank you

Suspended
    Unless the cloth was dripping wet I highly doubt you caused any damage.

I put the Gee in Gear.... thekid's Avatar
    Cleaning the pots with a little DeOxit would be what I would try first before taking it to a tech. Plenty of info on the net on how to do this. Even some contact cleaner from the local hardware store will probably do the trick.

Welcome to AR!

AR Newbie Registered Member
    Thanks, Mr., the.

I took the case off to have a look and it seems the people at Denon thoughtfully put some armor plating behind the controls, so I will have to figure out how to get that piece off (without a service manual) to get to the control pots. I'll let you both know the outcome.

Thread Information