AR Newbie Registered Member

Technics SADA 10 Mosfet

When I first got this stereo for $200.00 B&H AUDIO for the money it was great but this is my second one. They both had speaker A Left side speaker fail. Are these worth fixing????

Quote Originally Posted by ronnie36 View Post
    When I first got this stereo for $200.00 B&H AUDIO for the money it was great but this is my second one. They both had speaker A Left side speaker fail. Are these worth fixing????
    Welcome to AR Forums, ronnie36.

The Technics SA DA 10 is a older AV receiver. I assume it's the one pictured below, (though maybe you have a black version). If you've had two and they've both failed, I'd say give up on them.

It lacks HDMI imputs & outputs and (I think) even Component Video output. Possibly they are repairable but I don't think it would be worth spending over $100 to do so. Otherwise look for a new receiver with HDMI. If you don't need AV features, look for a new or used stereo receiver (rather than an AV model).

AR Newbie Registered Member

Thanks

Yep you are right. Exact same one. No idea who could repair it but is it worth it?? I have a passion for AV. My first real digital reciever was a Harman Kardon AVR65. It still works sounds amazing but I did some research on new HK's and they are not the same as compared to older models. I want a updated 5.1 DAV. I am between Pioneer, Onkyo Yamaha, and Denon. My price range is $700.00 to $900.00. Any ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by Feanor View Post
    Welcome to AR Forums, ronnie36.

The Technics SA DA 10 is a older AV receiver. I assume it's the one pictured below, (though maybe you have a black version). If you've had two and they've both failed, I'd say give up on them.

It lacks HDMI imputs & outputs and (I think) even Component Video output. Possibly they are repairable but I don't think it would be worth spending over $100 to do so. Otherwise look for a new receiver with HDMI. If you don't need AV features, look for a new or used stereo receiver (rather than an AV model).

Quote Originally Posted by ronnie36 View Post
    Yep you are right. Exact same one. No idea who could repair it but is it worth it?? I have a passion for AV. My first real digital reciever was a Harman Kardon AVR65. It still works sounds amazing but I did some research on new HK's and they are not the same as compared to older models. I want a updated 5.1 DAV. I am between Pioneer, Onkyo Yamaha, and Denon. My price range is $700.00 to $900.00. Any ideas?
    I bought an Onkyo about 2.5 years ago and it's worked very well. The other makers you've mentioned all make good equipment in your price range as does Marantz. Check out whether your various options have built-in automated equalization and a microphone to use with it -- good EQ will really finesse you multi-channel sound quality.

Thread Information