Frank Sinatra best songs

I am not big fan of Pop Standards, but there are few good songs out there from that genre that I do enjoy. Like Sinatra's song "New York new York" or "Fly Me To The Moon".

Anybody recommend other songs from Sinatra that I need to check out

Yes. Just buy a copy of Sinatra Live At The Sands. I'm fairly sure you'll like it especially Night And Day and I've Got You Under My Skin. Frank and The Count Basie Orchestra sound fabulous.

I've been a big Sinatra fan for years. IMO New York, New York is one of the weakest songs he ever did.
    ARC SP9 MKIII, VPI HW19, Rega RB300
    Marcof PPA1, Shure, Sumiko, Ortofon carts, Yamaha DVD-S1800
    Behringer UCA222, Emotiva XDA-2, HiFimeDIY
    Accuphase T101, Teac V-7010, Nak ZX-7. LX-5, Behringer DSP1124P
    Front: Magnepan 1.7, DBX 223SX, 2 modified Dynaco MK3's, 2, 12" DIY TL subs (Pass El-Pipe-O) 2 bridged Crown XLS-402
    Rear/HT: Emotiva UMC200, Acoustat Model 1/SPW-1, Behringer CX2310, 2 Adcom GFA-545

Thanks Joe

Quote Originally Posted by JoeE SP9 View Post
    I've been a big Sinatra fan for years. IMO New York, New York is one of the weakest songs he ever did.
    Wow, I thought New york was one of Sinatra's better song as that was one of first song I heard from Sinatra that I liked. I will check out Live At The Sands album

Forum Regular
    My Fav's:

Summerwind
    The Best is Yet to Come

I've always thought Tony Bennett did the definitive version The Best Is Yet To Come. Summer Wind, yep, that's all Sinatra.
    ARC SP9 MKIII, VPI HW19, Rega RB300
    Marcof PPA1, Shure, Sumiko, Ortofon carts, Yamaha DVD-S1800
    Behringer UCA222, Emotiva XDA-2, HiFimeDIY
    Accuphase T101, Teac V-7010, Nak ZX-7. LX-5, Behringer DSP1124P
    Front: Magnepan 1.7, DBX 223SX, 2 modified Dynaco MK3's, 2, 12" DIY TL subs (Pass El-Pipe-O) 2 bridged Crown XLS-402
    Rear/HT: Emotiva UMC200, Acoustat Model 1/SPW-1, Behringer CX2310, 2 Adcom GFA-545

Listen to both Summerwind and Best Yet to Come, and Summerwind was slightly more to my liking.

Also listened to Live At Sands and that is pretty good album. Where most of time Sinatra music is second to his voice, in this album the music is given equal footing.

Can a crooner get a gig? dean_martin's Avatar
    It Was a Very Good Year, another vote for Summer Wind, Something Stupid (duet with daughter Nancy), That's Life, The Lady is a Tramp, Nice n Easy, another vote for I've Got zyou Under My Skin, I Get a Kick Out of You (which you might recognize from that hilarious scene in Blazing Saddles).

Second the recommendations of something Stupid, Fly Me To the Moon and The Best is Yet to Come.

I'll also add It Had to Be You, The Best Is Yet To Come and one campy song that is part of the soundtrack of my life - High Hopes.

For some reason, when I am feeling really happy, the chorus comes to my mind, and sometimes even to my lips.

But he's got high hopes, he's got high hopes
    Hes got high apple pie, in the sky hopes

So any time your gettin low
    Stead of lettin go
    Just remember that ant
    Oops there goes another rubber tree plant
    (repeat x 3)

Snowbunny

PS: Its still cool to have Sinatra playing when you invite a lady over for drinks. Not a girl, or a broad . . . but a lady!

Thread Information