Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Do Dogs go to heaven?

Do Dogs go to heaven?

Authenticity of these photos are in question, so may have to take it with grain of salt.

A Catholic church and a Presbyterian church across the street from each other put up signs debating whether Dogs go to heaven or not.

No Fate But What We Make ? Two churches located across the street from each other. At least the Catholics have a sense of humor.

Audio casualty StevenSurprenant's Avatar
    That is too funny. If my dog isnt in heaven then I don't want to go there.
    JohnMichael likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by StevenSurprenant View Post
    That is too funny. If my dog isnt in heaven then I don't want to go there.
    Your comment remind of a scene from All In The Family sitcom:

(After Archie kills a fly that landed on Mike's arm)
    Mike: Arch, you killed a fly. One of God's creatures.
    Archie: Oh, don't give me that. Animals and insects don't count. They ain't got no souls.
    Mike: So they can't get into heaven.
    Archie: That's right. Who would want to go to heaven if it was full of flies and dogs? You might as well stay in New York.

LLLOOOOOLLLLLLL

Musicaholic Forums Moderator ForeverAutumn's Avatar
    Well I know one thing...If I were looking for a church, I sure as hell () wouldn't pick the Presbyterian one!
    JohnMichael likes this.

Super Moderator Site Moderator JohnMichael's Avatar
    Of course dogs go to heaven. They are pure of heart and full of love. People who abuse animals do not go to heaven.
    JohnMichael
    Vinyl Rega Planar 2, Incognito rewire, Deepgroove subplatter, ceramic bearing, Michell Technoweight, Rega 24V motor, TTPSU, FunkFirm Achroplat platter, Michael Lim top and bottom braces, 2 Rega feet and one RDC cones. Grado Sonata, Moon 110 LP phono.
    Digital
    Sony SCD-XA5400ES SACD/cd SID mat, Marantz SA 8001
    Int. Amp Krell S-300i
    Speaker
    Monitor Audio RS6
    Cables
    AQ SPKR and AQ XLR and IC

Quote Originally Posted by JohnMichael View Post
    Of course dogs go to heaven. They are pure of heart and full of love.
    If dogs go to heaven, then the same argument can be made that all Gods creature go to heaven including undesire ones like roaches, ticks and mosquitoes, snakes and rats. I mean where do we draw the line?

And another thought of argument is that dogs appeal to us on earth due to our body's desire for love, effection and companionship. But in heaven, our soul seek differenet kind of desires. So no dogs are needed.

I'm not a scholar and these are just some thoughts that crossed my mind

Quote Originally Posted by Smokey View Post
    If dogs go to heaven, then the same argument can be made that all Gods creature go to heaven including undesire ones like roaches, ticks and mosquitoes, snakes and rats. I mean where do we draw the line?

And another thought of argument is that dogs appeal to us on earth due to our body's desire for love, effection and companionship. But in heaven, our soul seek differenet kind of desires. So no dogs are needed.

I guess you have not seen the movie- All Dogs Go To Heaven Part 1 - YouTube

But seriously, no one knows the truth and even if there is a heaven. If you believe that we are all gods creatures, then why not all animals. I have to believe that my dogs have a soul. They have an unlimited capacity for love, they are loyal to the point that they would give their lives for me, they are honest and they are highly empathic. They are also individuals, they are intelligent and have their own unique personalities. The have a need for love and companionship and will give it back to you in turn. I would say that more than 90% of the human population can not live up to those standards.

I will be greatly disappointed if my dogs do not great me in heaven.
    The Rainbow Bridge- Rainbow Bridge Poem - Petloss.com

Petloss.com - Dogs In Heaven?

Pet loss - Dogs Don't Have Souls, Do They?

Pet loss com - Rainbow sends me a Rainbow

Pet Loss - Poem List

Now for a lighter moment. Why do dogs lick their private parts?
    Last edited by blackraven; 08-05-2013 at 03:58 PM.
    Pass Labs X250 amp, BAT Vk-51se Preamp,
    Thorens TD-145 TT, Bellari phono preamp, Nagaoka MP-200 Cartridge
    Magnepan QR1.6 speakers
    Luxman DA-06 DAC
    Van Alstine Ultra Plus Hybrid Tube DAC
    Dual Martin Logan Original Dynamo Subs
    Parasound A21 amp
    Vintage Luxman T-110 tuner
    Magnepan MMG's, Grant Fidelity DAC-11, Class D CDA254 amp
    Monitor Audio S1 speakers, PSB B6 speakers
    Vintage Technic's Integrated amp
    Music Hall 25.2 CDP
    Adcom GFR 700 AVR
    Cables- Cardas, Silnote, BJC
    Velodyne CHT 8 sub

Jesus taught us that our reward will be in Heaven and not to look for it on earth. If Corky is not in Heaven I am not getting my reward. Besides I think my human Corky will love my canine Corky.
    JohnMichael
    Vinyl Rega Planar 2, Incognito rewire, Deepgroove subplatter, ceramic bearing, Michell Technoweight, Rega 24V motor, TTPSU, FunkFirm Achroplat platter, Michael Lim top and bottom braces, 2 Rega feet and one RDC cones. Grado Sonata, Moon 110 LP phono.
    Digital
    Int. Amp Krell S-300i
    Speaker
    Monitor Audio RS6
    Cables

M.P.S.E /AES/SMPTE member Sir Terrence the Terrible's Avatar
    Jesus taught us that our reward will be in Heaven and not to look for it on earth. If Corky is not in Heaven I am not getting my reward. Besides I think my human Corky will love my canine Corky.
    JM, Jesus said "Greater is your reward in heaven", not that you will not have rewards down here on earth. If all of our rewards were in heaven, Jesus would not have ever said "I come that you might have life more abundantly".

I would like to think that Ernesto, Pepper2, and Bohdi are apart of my abundant life down here on this earth. My boys love me unconditionally just like I love Jesus unconditionally. That in and of itself should get them into heaven.

Since animal ownership was non-existant(much like gay marriage) back when the Bible was written, it mentions nothing about animals and heaven. However since God created animals, I like to think he made provision for them to go to heaven just like us.
    Sir Terrence

Titan Reference 3D 1080p projector
    200" SI Black Diamond II screen
    Oppo BDP-103D
    Datastat RS20I audio/video processor 12.4 audio setup
    9 Onkyo M-5099 power amp
    9 Onkyo M-510 power amp
    9 Onkyo M-508 power amp
    6 custom CAL amps for subs
    3 custom 3 way horn DSP hybrid monitors
    18 custom 3 way horn DSP hybrid surround/ceiling speakers
    2 custom 15" sealed FFEC servo subs
    4 custom 15" H-PAS FFEC servo subs
    THX Style Baffle wall

There was a Twilight Zone episode where a gentleman died and after death he and his dog were out walking. He came up to a gate and they were encouraging him to enter. His dog was agitated and they told him dogs were not allowed. He decided to keep walking. He came to another area and they welcomed him. He asked about his dog and of course he was welcome. The old man was under the impression the first place was heaven. They corrected him and he realized his dog kept him from making a bad decision. I want my dog with me to keep me out of trouble.
    JohnMichael
    Digital
    Int. Amp Krell S-300i
    Speaker
    Monitor Audio RS6
    Cables

Quote Originally Posted by blackraven View Post
    I guess you have not seen the movie- All Dogs Go To Heaven Part 1 - YouTube

But seriously, no one knows the truth and even if there is a heaven. If you believe that we are all gods creatures, then why not all animals. I have to believe that my dogs have a soul. They have an unlimited capacity for love, they are loyal to the point that they would give their lives for me, they are honest and they are highly empathic. They are also individuals, they are intelligent and have their own unique personalities. The have a need for love and companionship and will give it back to you in turn. I would say that more than 90% of the human population can not live up to those standards.

I will be greatly disappointed if my dogs do not great me in heaven.
    I have admitted this here before: I grieved more when our last dog died than when my mother died a couple of years later. Some people thought this was a reprehensible admission .

My mother was old and in declining health after a pretty good life; her time had come. We expected the dog to live several more year but he died unexpectedly of cancer. Maybe that had something to do with it but dogs have a simple innocence that people do not.

In some movies they talk about people greatest fears. After some thought, I decided my greatest fear was having to choose life or death for those I care about, but my choice meant that one person would live and another would die.

For instance, if I were on a boat that was sinking in the middle of the ocean and my very elderly mother and my dog, both whom I love, were going down and I could save only one of them, who would it be?

I believe the average person would choose their mother for one reason or another, but for a person who loves their dog, it would be a hard choice, hard enough that they would hesitate before choosing. Either choice would lead to a lifetime of grief and regret.

After a lifetime of pondering this question, I still can't choose. If I had the third option of giving up my life so that they both could live, that would be my choice.

I would save the one who is most loving and caring to me. Yes I am saving the dog.
    JohnMichael
    Digital
    Int. Amp Krell S-300i
    Speaker
    Monitor Audio RS6
    Cables

That's an easy one. Roaches, ticks, mosquitos, and all creepy crawlies are evil and therefore destined for hell. There are NO insects in MY heaven. Snakes and rats are allowed...but only if domesticated and only if the snakes promise not to eat the rats.

Suspended
    So let me get this straight, if you believe, then your dog goes to heaven. Does your dog still go to heaven if you don't believe? Obviously if you don't believe, you are wrong so I guess the dog still gets to go but never sees you again.

Quote Originally Posted by Hyfi View Post
    So let me get this straight, if you believe, then your dog goes to heaven. Does your dog still go to heaven if you don't believe? Obviously if you don't believe, you are wrong so I guess the dog still gets to go but never sees you again.
    If heaven exists it does not matter if you believe or not. If heaven does not exist wishing so will not create it. I am aware of the spiritual state we will be in after death. Since I remain a physical being for some years to come it is a comfort to my existence to think of my dog at my side.
    JohnMichael
    Digital
    Int. Amp Krell S-300i
    Speaker
    Monitor Audio RS6
    Cables

Suspended
    If heaven exists it does not matter if you believe or not. If heaven does not exist wishing so will not create it. I am aware of the spiritual state we will be in after death. Since I remain a physical being for some years to come it is a comfort to my existence to think of my dog at my side.
    Oh OK, I thought Jesus (or someone) said that you had to believe in him and be born again to have eternal life. Am I getting that wrong? Eternal Life = Heaven

And like in Left Behind, you will get sucked out of your clothes and running car, while it crashes driverless into me being left behind.

It can't be both ways, unless you believe it can.

What if I am stuck in Limbo?

The human soul is immortal. When you speak of Jesus and christianity you are only thinking of one religion. There are many more religions in the world. I find it difficult to believe that people who do not believe in Jesus will not be welcome in the next life. Heaven or consciousness or whatever you choose to call it.
    JohnMichael
    Digital
    Int. Amp Krell S-300i
    Speaker
    Monitor Audio RS6
    Cables

Suspended
    The human soul is immortal. When you speak of Jesus and christianity you are only thinking of one religion. There are many more religions in the world. I find it difficult to believe that people who do not believe in Jesus will not be welcome in the next life. Heaven or consciousness or whatever you choose to call it.
    I am just asking stupid questions, that obviously the folks at the 2 churches need to answer.

I know exactly what you are saying.

I think it all depends on what your dog believes.
    JohnMichael likes this.

I am just asking stupid questions, that obviously the folks at the 2 churches need to answer.

I know exactly what you are saying.

Those signs on the churches were photo shopped. If you look at the red and white cars in the background on the left side in the pictures of the catholic church, you will see that the cars are the same and never change position.
    Smokey likes this.
    Pass Labs X250 amp, BAT Vk-51se Preamp,
    Thorens TD-145 TT, Bellari phono preamp, Nagaoka MP-200 Cartridge
    Magnepan QR1.6 speakers
    Luxman DA-06 DAC
    Van Alstine Ultra Plus Hybrid Tube DAC
    Dual Martin Logan Original Dynamo Subs
    Parasound A21 amp
    Vintage Luxman T-110 tuner
    Magnepan MMG's, Grant Fidelity DAC-11, Class D CDA254 amp
    Monitor Audio S1 speakers, PSB B6 speakers
    Vintage Technic's Integrated amp
    Music Hall 25.2 CDP
    Adcom GFR 700 AVR
    Cables- Cardas, Silnote, BJC
    Velodyne CHT 8 sub

I find it interesting and -- for me -- sad to speculate what heaven might be like. What is the "greater reward" that you hope for in heaven?

For me it would be to see again all the people I've known and cared for, my dear family and friends. Other rewards, (and that includes 72 virgins), seem trivial to me in comparison. A heaven that is just being absorbed in the transcendent God or, for that matter, where we strum a harp and sing Psalms with the angels doesn't make any sense to me.

So what will our loved ones be like when we see them? I like to think fit & whole in the prime of their adult lives, (say 35-40). What of their physical handicap? Gone I hope. What of their personality failings? Let's say mitigated, but still recognizable otherwise it wouldn't be them.

To be sure, among those I've loved are many animals and a heaven without them would be worth less.

But like I said, it's sad for me to think if these things because I doubt that there is a heaven, or if there is, I doubt I would be worthy to go there. Sola Fide as we (former) Protestants say, and I'm afraid I don't have enough of it.

For instance, if I were on a boat that was sinking in the middle of the ocean and my very elderly mother and my dog, both whom I love, were going down and I could save only one of them, who would it be?
    You should be ashame of yourself even thinking that way

I mean your mother nourish, fed and shelter you, and you are thinking whether to save the dog or your mother?

Quote Originally Posted by FA
    That's an easy one. Roaches, ticks, mosquitos, and all creepy crawlies are evil and therefore destined for hell.
    If anybody can survive the hell, it probably be Roaches
    Last edited by Smokey; 08-10-2013 at 12:12 AM.

You should be ashame of yourself even thinking that way

I mean your mother nourish, fed and shelter you, and you are thinking whether to save the dog or your mother?
    That is part of the conundrum. Not only do you have to live with the guilt of letting one of them die, if you choose the dog to live, you have to live with the shame of knowing that many people will disapprove of your choice.

That is part of the conundrum {Mom or dog}. Not only do you have to live with the guilt of letting one of them die, if you choose the dog to live, you have to live with the shame of knowing that many people will disapprove of your choice.
    I understand this predicament whereas some people apparently do not.

Thank goodness that I didn't have to make a choice, but the raw fact is that my grief was more, let's say, 'acute' rather than stronger, in the case of my dog than the case of my mother, (as I explained above). Even in my circumstance I was told I should be ashamed and in a degree I am, but the way I felt is the way I felt.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information