Parents new samsung

I got a call from my Mom about a week ago saying the 55" CRT 1080P Mits had the dreaded blinking green power light. As true to the reports I read online, they had a power outage due to high winds and when power resumed pop went the TV even plugged into a power strip. So off to Costco with my Dad. We walked in and saw the big 70 inchers out front while I was explaining the newer advances in Flat screens. He wanted to stay in the 40"-50" range so it would fit right in place where the old set was. I recommend the Samsungs or Pannys and he settle on the Samsung PN51E530 Plasma, I give a brief class on LCD's vs Plasma and we both knew this is more of a furiture buy than actually something that will get much use, as they mainly watch TV in the bedroom. This month is my Dad birthday so I went out and picked up a Samsung BD EM59C player to make it a complete match, as all of their gear is so old it could not be connected to the new TV. Out of the box the TV look ok, I did a few adjustments, but will need to bring my Joe Kane disk over to do some real start point adjustments. I was more impress with the BD player (very light and small) It is one of those wifi types and hooking it up was a snap (came with HDMI cable) and found the home network with no issues. Updated the firmware right away and installed all the basic widgets/apps. My parents are in their 80's so I show them how this player can be used with their computers in the house (they don't have smart phone, Dad still has a clam shell type). I showed them how to use the youtube app and the allshare (I'm sure I will get a phone call, stating "How do you get that tube thing to work again") It never gets old and if thats all I need to do to say thank you for all the help and advise over the years, call me anytime.
    HT
    Pioneer Elite SC lx502
    Pioneer Elite N50
    Pioneer Cassette CTM66R
    Pioneer Elite BDP 85FD

Vizio P series 2160p
    Panamax 5300 EX

Charm Thai™
    That's fantastic recoveryone. I did the same thing for my father a few months ago. Got him a 60" Samsung plasma for his basement and he has been glued to the thing ever since.

Thread Information