Suspended

Do you need to use foul language and trash talk to prove your points?

Just curious as to how many here feel that they need to hurl obscenities, belittle people, and just plain trash talk in order to make your points or attempt to win an argument?

It does appear that most here can hold a civil tongue no matter what the discussion is while others find the need to use the above on a routine basis.

Does it make you feel bigger?
    Does it make you fell smarter?
    Does it make you feel like you won when you didn't?
    Is it an effect of how you were raised?
    Is it the only reaction you know how to use when your buttons get pushed?
    Is it a personality disorder or maybe a chemical imbalance?
    Or is it just because you can hide behind your computer?

Inquiring Minds want to know

Super Moderator Site Moderator JohnMichael's Avatar
    Here we go again. This thread will only get as ugly as the last. I feel that it is directed to one person and there were more at fault. If this becomes a group hate thread it will be closed quickly. The last thread was at least to discuss something in the news. This is to bait and continue ill feelings.
    JohnMichael
    Vinyl Rega Planar 2, Incognito rewire, Deepgroove subplatter, ceramic bearing, Michell Technoweight, Rega 24V motor, TTPSU, FunkFirm Achroplat platter, Michael Lim top and bottom braces, 2 Rega feet and one RDC cones. Grado Sonata, Moon 110 LP phono.
    Digital
    Sony SCD-XA5400ES SACD/cd SID mat, Marantz SA 8001
    Int. Amp Krell S-300i
    Speaker
    Monitor Audio RS6
    Cables
    AQ SPKR and AQ XLR and IC

Suspended
    It will only get as ugly as the last thread if those in charge do not enforce the rules and protect certain people.

All I did was politely ask a few questions with a civil tongue. It won't be my fault if it gets ugly.

Super Moderator Site Moderator JohnMichael's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hyfi View Post
    It will only get as ugly as the last thread if those in charge do not enforce the rules and protect certain people.

All I did was politely ask a few questions with a civil tongue. It won't be my fault if it gets ugly.

Your questions were insulting at best. How were you raised, your mental health diagnosis, etc. are insinuating much. I did not protect anyone and no one has been banned. If you want this site heavily moderates so be it.
    JohnMichael
    Vinyl Rega Planar 2, Incognito rewire, Deepgroove subplatter, ceramic bearing, Michell Technoweight, Rega 24V motor, TTPSU, FunkFirm Achroplat platter, Michael Lim top and bottom braces, 2 Rega feet and one RDC cones. Grado Sonata, Moon 110 LP phono.
    Digital
    Sony SCD-XA5400ES SACD/cd SID mat, Marantz SA 8001
    Int. Amp Krell S-300i
    Speaker
    Monitor Audio RS6
    Cables
    AQ SPKR and AQ XLR and IC

Thread Information