Thread: Fab Four 2012

Fab Four 2012

Anyone here buying the 2012 vinyl releases of the Fab Four's core catalog...or perhaps the whole darn box? I bought Rubber Soul, largely to fill that gap in my collection. It's a good-sounding record. I don't imagine I'll buy any of the others, though. One pressing of each is enough for me. Anyone else?

My original vinyls are by and large good enough. The rarity with which they are played wouldn't justify spending $20-30 for a new vinyl pressing. I'm not that big a fan of vinyl.

OTOH, in 2009 I ponied up for the Aluminum Apple with the USB drive in it that had FLAC and 320 kBs MP3 files on it. Now the darn thing is worth over $400! (Not that it's for sale. NO.)
    I like sulung tang.

Can a crooner get a gig? dean_martin's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by filecat13 View Post
    My original vinyls are by and large good enough. The rarity with which they are played wouldn't justify spending $20-30 for a new vinyl pressing. I'm not that big a fan of vinyl.

OTOH, in 2009 I ponied up for the Aluminum Apple with the USB drive in it that had FLAC and 320 kBs MP3 files on it. Now the darn thing is worth over $400! (Not that it's for sale. NO.)
    I've read that the USB drive package has the best sound quality. I may pick up a couple of titles on the stereo vinyl to fill in gaps and to replace a couple of old cds that don't sound as good as I think they should (White Album and Abbey Road).

Thread Information