0 0%
  • Joel McCrea

0 0%
  • Henry Fonda

0 0%
  • Randolph Scott

0 0%

Best Wyatt Earp charactor

There has been alot of actors who played Wyatt Earp throu out movie history, so it beg the question as who played the best Wyatt Earp.

For me it is a toss up between Burt Lancaster in Gunfight at the O.K. Corral and Kurt Russell in Tombstone. OK Corral have a slight edge as a better film, but for Russell's power house performance is hard to match. So will go with Kirk Russell as best W.E.

Ranked by release date:

Shawn Roberts, Wyatt Earp's Revenge (2012): Val Kilmer does voice-over duty as an aged Earp recalling his younger days played by Shawn Roberts.

Kevin Costner, Wyatt Earp (1994): Earp from childhood to old age in this 3 hour movie.

Kurt Russell, Tombstone (1993): Stone face Wyatt is as tough as they come.

James Garner, Hour of the Gun (1967): Mr. Maverick himself take a wack at Wyatt's more dramatic side.

Guy Madison, Gunmen of the Rio Grande (1965): OK Corral meet spaghetti western.

Burt Lancaster, Gunfight at the O.K. Corral (1957): A tour-de force performances by Lancaster as Wyatt, and Kirk Douglas as Doc Holiday.

Joel McCrea, Wichita (1955): The Young Wyatt Earp chronicles.

Henry Fonda, My Darling Clementine (1946): Directed by John Ford, Fonda's turn as Earp also has to be one of the most easygoing portraits of the man.

Randolph Scott, Frontier Marshall (1939): Randolph Scott playing one of the first screen versions of Earp, as he faces down the Clantons at the O.K. Corral alone.
    Last edited by Smokey; 10-24-2012 at 07:25 PM.

Suspended
    There has been some stellar actors to play that role. I'm a big Henry Fonda fan but don't remember that movie. In Costner's case it depends on the movie but Wyatt Earp and Silverado are a couple of my favorites he played.

3LB
    hiding out in treetops, shouting out rude names
    I don't think we've yet seen an accurate portrayal of Mr. Earp.

Oh, and you forgot one. James Gardner played an aging Wyatt Earp opposite Bruce Willis' Tom Mix in the Blake Edwards piece o'doo-doo, Sunset (1988). Coming to think of it, I wished I'd forgotten it.

Thread Information