Audio Note $1,000.000. Speaker?

Music...let it into your soul and be moved....with Canton...Pure Music

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    W10 i5 Quad core processor 8GB RAM/Jriver 20/ Fidelizer Optimizer/ iFI Micro DSD DAC-iUSB 3.0/Vincent SA - T1/Vincent SP-331 MK /MMF-7.1/2M BLACK/MS Phenomena ll+/Canton Vento 830.2

Super Moderator Site Moderator JohnMichael's Avatar
    I would have such high expectations for speakers selling for one million that I fear I would be disappointed. Maybe I should buy two pair and a vintage quadrophonic receiver. I would have speakers in all four corners of the room.
    JohnMichael
    Vinyl Rega Planar 2, Incognito rewire, Deepgroove subplatter, ceramic bearing, Michell Technoweight, Rega 24V motor, TTPSU, FunkFirm Achroplat platter, Michael Lim top and bottom braces, 2 Rega feet and one RDC cones. Grado Sonata, Moon 110 LP phono.
    Digital
    Sony SCD-XA5400ES SACD/cd SID mat, Marantz SA 8001
    Int. Amp Krell S-300i
    Speaker
    Monitor Audio RS6
    Cables
    AQ SPKR and AQ XLR and IC

Forum Regular
    The best way to make box speakers sound less boxy is to get rid of the box.

The piano is one of the best examples of an open baffle.

Suspended
    $20 to make and $80k profit

Good gig if you can get it.

Stereo value > car value texlle's Avatar
    Audio Note has a budget line?
    Dynaudio Audience 42
    Conrad-Johnson PV14
    Sonographe SA-250
    Music Hall CD 25.2
    Musical Fidelity V3 series- X-LPS phono preamp, X-DAC, X-PSU
    Rega RP1 w/ performance pack
    Pure i-20 iPod dock
    -----------------------------
    B&W DM603s2- B&W LCR60s3- B&W DM302
    Velodyne CT-120 12" sub
    Rotel RSX-1055
    Arcam CD73T
    Samsung LN46C630 46" LCD
    Denon DBP-1611 bluray
    -----------------------------
    KEF K120- Jolida JD202a- Cambridge Audio D300 cdp- T500 tuner

Photo gallery

Forum Regular
    A company that would market a speaker at that absurd price loses my respect. As if corner loading and port size is some major R&D break through in speaker design. Geeeeeze!

What's next for AN $100,000 snake oil cables?

Super Moderator Site Moderator JohnMichael's Avatar
    When I was young and poor the Snell Type E was a dream speaker. I loved the sound and in those days I could not imagine a better sound for the price. If Snell were to produce the E again I would buy a pair. I like the fact that the original did not need corner placement and as I remember it as a better value compared to any of the AN E's. I would have to buy the AQ signature cables at $11,000 to keep the system balanced.
    JohnMichael
    Vinyl Rega Planar 2, Incognito rewire, Deepgroove subplatter, ceramic bearing, Michell Technoweight, Rega 24V motor, TTPSU, FunkFirm Achroplat platter, Michael Lim top and bottom braces, 2 Rega feet and one RDC cones. Grado Sonata, Moon 110 LP phono.
    Digital
    Sony SCD-XA5400ES SACD/cd SID mat, Marantz SA 8001
    Int. Amp Krell S-300i
    Speaker
    Monitor Audio RS6
    Cables
    AQ SPKR and AQ XLR and IC

RGA
    Forum Regular
    The speakers in the link are $51,000 a pair. Audio Note does make a $165,000 one off version but it is a weird hard wired version with massive all silver external crossovers wired directly to the voice coils (so you can never change the speaker cables).

This is why you want to check the accuracy of links. Peter Breuninger also misquotes the price on the Paris link as those speakers are not $250k but under $50k.

Still very expensive but AN is nowhere in the running of most expensive loudspeakers.

Now that system in that link may be getting up to a million with the transport and DAC, preamp and Amp. The preamp is about $100k And I believe the CD player and DAC are around $175,000 - if those are the Gaku-On amps that might be another $200k - add the speakers and cables plus tax it's up to maybe $700k. Add their top turntable, arm, cart, and step up transformers and taxes - possibly a million for the whole thing.

Chump change for some.

But plenty of speaker makers make $50k+ speakers and plenty of them make more affordable products. AN is no different than any the vast majority of makers on that front - and have lower mark-ups than most.

A whole AN system for less than $5k - that's not too shabby - and you could spend even less.

Audio Note Zero System review | from TechRadar's expert reviews of Audio systems

RGA
    Forum Regular
    Bob has a large portion of the price list but doesn't carry any of the entry level lines. Amherst Audio

3db
    Forum Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Hyfi View Post
    $20 to make and $80k profit

Good gig if you can get it.
    Thats giving it too much credit... Bump it down below $10K and your getting closer.

Thread Information