Suspended

I met Pierre Robert last night

Winterfest concert was last night and Pierre Robert, from WMMR was the Master of Ceremonies. The show kicked off with The Quiet Men, a local New Hope Irish type folk band who did takes on Tom Petty's Breakdown and Blind Faith's Can't Find My Way Home as well as originals and traditional folk tunes.

The headliners were In The Pocket which was

David Uosikkinen from the Hooters with special guests...

Richard Bush - The A's / The Peace Creeps
    Tommy Conwell - Tommy Conwell & The Young Rumblers
    Jay Davidson - Steve Winwood / Funk Brothers
    Rob Hyman - The Hooters
    Charlie & Richie Ingui - Soul Survivors
    Cliff Hillis - IKE
    John Lilley - The Hooters
    TJ Tindall - Legendary Gamble & Huff guitarist/ Bonnie Raitt / Robert Palmer / Four Tops
    William Wittman - Cyndy Lauper / Too Much Joy

What a great show in a small acoustically correct High School Auditorium. From the site:
    From the band that brought international attention to the Philadelphia music scene, The Hooters' David Uosikkinen and his band, IN THE POCKET will rock the 2012 Winter Festival concert.

IN THE POCKET: THE ESSENTIAL SONGS OF PHILADELPHIA is the brainchild of The Hooters' David Uosikkinen. With his revolving band of celebrated Philadelphia musicians, Uosikkinen pays homage to his essential songs of Philadelphia by rerecording songs that were recorded, written or performed by Philadelphians, and were inspirational to him growing up in and around the city. The songs are released online only at songsinthepocket.org, where a video documentary of each song can also be viewed. IN THE POCKET has recorded five songs to date: Joey Wilson's All My Mondays, Todd Rundgren's Open My Eyes, The Dovell's You Can't Sit Down, The Hooters cover Soon You'll Be Gone and Robert Hazard's Change Reaction. These essential songs feature the band, In The Pocket, an all-star rotating lineup of Philly’s most respected musicians.

So anyway, on the way out, we were first out the doors, and standing there was Pierre. We walked over and he asked us our names and proceeded to have a nice conversation about his 30 some odd years in Philly on WMMR. We parted as the crowd came out but he was a super nice guy who loves what he does and his fans.

Oh yeah, one of the encores was Eddie Van Hamster, which Pierre wrote.

Tommy Conwells set was rockin and he is still an entertaining player.

Forum Regular
    Pretty cool lineup. Sounds like you had a really nice time. Wow, a Todd Rundgren tune..I have not heard this music in what seems like forever.
    My audio lab:
    Qinpu A-6000 MK ll Integrated Amp
    Blue Marble Audio Speaker Wire
    Tannoy Mercury V4
    HHB CDR-850
    Grant Fidelity DAC-11/Phillips 7DJ8 tube

Parasound Zamp V.3/Parasound ZPre2 Preamp
    Signal Cable Analog 2 Speaker Wire
    Dali Ikon 2 mk 2
    Marantz SACD/DVD DV6001
    Stello DA 100 Signature DAC

HT:
    Arcam AVR 200
    Signal Cable Classic Speaker Cable
    Mirage Nanosat
    Rel R-528 Subwoofer
    Marantz SACD/DVD DV6001

Various power cords, I.C.'s, optical, coax, and analog cables.

Oh My Bad...

I thought you meant the cheese...
    never mind.

Worf

Thread Information