Forum Regular

Great $9.00 Gear Light!!!!

Listening in the dark is manditory for me so I was happy to find this light at Ikea. There are two models available - one with a base as pictured and one that clips on. When I finally find a tube phono stage I'll use it to illuminate the TT.

JANSJÖ Work lamp - IKEA

Thanks for the heads up. The comparable ones from elsewhere are much more expensive.
    ARC SP9 MKIII, VPI HW19, Rega RB300
    Marcof PPA1, Shure, Sumiko, Ortofon carts, Yamaha DVD-S1800
    Behringer UCA222, Emotiva XDA-2, HiFimeDIY
    Accuphase T101, Teac V-7010, Nak ZX-7. LX-5, Behringer DSP1124P
    Front: Magnepan 1.7, DBX 223SX, 2 modified Dynaco MK3's, 2, 12" DIY TL subs (Pass El-Pipe-O) 2 bridged Crown XLS-402
    Rear/HT: Emotiva UMC200, Acoustat Model 1/SPW-1, Behringer CX2310, 2 Adcom GFA-545

Great...now the only problem is I live in St. Louis and the closes store is 230 miles away in Chicago.
    Music...let it into your soul and be moved....with Canton...Pure Music

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    W10 i5 Quad core processor 8GB RAM/Jriver 20/ Fidelizer Optimizer/ iFI Micro DSD DAC-iUSB 3.0/Vincent SA - T1/Vincent SP-331 MK /MMF-7.1/2M BLACK/MS Phenomena ll+/Canton Vento 830.2

Forum Regular
    I believe it's available mail order.

Quote Originally Posted by Poultrygeist View Post
    I believe it's available mail order.
    Nope....store pickup only

Sorry, this product is not for sale on our website, check if it is available in your local store.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    W10 i5 Quad core processor 8GB RAM/Jriver 20/ Fidelizer Optimizer/ iFI Micro DSD DAC-iUSB 3.0/Vincent SA - T1/Vincent SP-331 MK /MMF-7.1/2M BLACK/MS Phenomena ll+/Canton Vento 830.2

Forum Regular
    frenchmon,

Yall need to move back to the Carolina's.

AR Newbie Registered Member
    Don't mean to spoil your fun but have you looked on ebay? Usually things that small are often worth buying directly from manufacturers to save costs.

Worse comes to worst, just call them and ask if they do deliveries.

sylmar, ca. in beautiful so cal earthquake country
    i have tried LED lights at the TT and apparent brightness seems to be skewed by the "temperature" of the light. it has a slight blue tinge that doesnt seem conducive to LP viewing.

i am not motivated to spend the higher prices for 'littlelight' products either. i am still waiting for an affordable light that has the right attributes.
    ...regards...tr

frenchmon,

Yall need to move back to the Carolina's.

Man you ain't never lied! No Ikea...No Brunswick Stew....No Pig Pickens...No audio shops. No Southern Seasons Store..and No Bojangles Fried Chicken. Oh did I tell you when wife transferred to St. Louis and the 18 hour drive here....I cried every mile? You know who is make the bigger pay check in the house. I do IT....shes a scientist in upper management working for a huge French company with head quarters in Durham and St,Louis as well as the main HQ in France. When we retire, guess where i'm moving too?

Forum Regular
    hifi - No blue with this long goose neck light - just white, cool to the touch, illumination. I'm going back to Ikea for another.

frenchie - I like that dirty rice and gravy biscuits at Bojangles and the best sweet-tea around. As you know sweet-tea is one word down here. Anything in St. Louis to compare to Bullocks or the Q Shack in Durham?

Forum Regular
    Listening in the dark is manditory for me so I was happy to find this light at Ikea. There are two models available - one with a base as pictured and one that clips on. When I finally find a tube phono stage I'll use it to illuminate the TT.

JANSJÖ Work lamp - IKEA
    It looks like a great little product.

What kind of power cord to you use?
    "Opposition brings concord. Out of discord comes the fairest harmony."
    ------Heraclitus of Ephesis (fl. 504-500 BC), trans. Wheelwright.

Forum Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Pat D View Post
    It looks like a great little product.

What kind of power cord to you use?
    Wattgate IEC of course :-)

Forum Regular
    Wattgate IEC of course :-)
    Of course! How silly of me! It goes without saying. An excellent choice to increase the color resolution and decrease visual fatigue.
    "Opposition brings concord. Out of discord comes the fairest harmony."
    ------Heraclitus of Ephesis (fl. 504-500 BC), trans. Wheelwright.

hifi - No blue with this long goose neck light - just white, cool to the touch, illumination. I'm going back to Ikea for another.

frenchie - I like that dirty rice and gravy biscuits at Bojangles and the best sweet-tea around. As you know sweet-tea is one word down here. Anything in St. Louis to compare to Bullocks or the Q Shack in Durham?
    Daggnabit Poultry! I love everything at Bojangles, And Bullocks and the Q Shack are very good, but different. Most of the BBQ joints here are like Q Shack. Now we aint got good sweet-tea here. To show you how bad it is....the best tea I can get here without making it my self is at Chick-Fila. So you can see why I miss Carolina.

Forum Regular
    frenchie,

You know what they say in the Carolina's, "if it ain't pig it ain't Que".

1530 Winyah Bay, SC - site of America's first pig pickin where the Spanish and their pigs met up with the slow cooking Native Americans.

frenchie,

You know what they say in the Carolina's, "if it ain't pig it ain't Que".

1530 Winyah Bay, SC - site of America's first pig pickin where the Spanish and their pigs met up with the slow cooking Native Americans.
    Yeah..I know. In Carolina Pulled Pork is BBQ....every thing else is grilled....Man ima getting hungry!

Thread Information