Bought a tone arm

Just pulled the trigger on a Jelco 370D ala LAD branding. This will go on my Thorens TD-125mk2 with a Denon DL-103LC. This is the second Jelco arm for me; my 125 currently has 250st on it and I will move that over to a Micro Seiki DQ-41 that I recently picked up. I will have to route a new arm mount for it because it is made for 222mm distance.

sylmar, ca. in beautiful so cal earthquake country
    eno,

that sounds like a great move. having a detachable headshell is essential to me as i enjoy swapping cartridges. mounting, inspecting, and swapping are all facilitated here.

i will assume you have a few carts lying around, they can all be mounted and ready.

the jelco is much the same as my mmt which is classically mounted on my sota sapphire.

i bet an adcXLM would be great on the other jelco you have. or maybe the dyna 18d with its extremely short cantilever.
    ...regards...tr

Thanks.

Yes the removable headshell and the fact that my 250st was built so well is what sold me over a Rega RB250 I was eyeing (although that is good arm as well). I have read that the LAD 370 is very similar to the MMT except that the mounting distance is shorter; have you heard that?

I'll post picks as soon as I get it.

not sure about that but vinyl engine may have some clues.
    ...regards...tr

the ADC XLM looks cool and it was well regarded back in the day it seems. Too bad both Jelco's are too heavy for it. I might want to invest in another cheap Nagaoka or AT95e they seemed to be as about as low as you can go with MM's.

i would go for the nagaoaka, poppa chubby has one and swears by it. the mp200 has a boron canitlever, one of the very best materials for canitlevers.

NAGAOKA phono cartridge,NAGAOKA phonograph cartridge
    ...regards...tr

I think I might go for the Nag 11 or 110, but this is after I get both tables running and see what my Denon's are pumping out.

Thread Information