Super Moderator Site Moderator JohnMichael's Avatar

I love catalogs!

The 2012 MusicDirect catalog arrived yesterday. There is a new Luxman turntable that looks awesome for a cool $6,400. Music Fidelity's new phono preamp is listed as is the update of their budget preamp. I am currently dreaming of the Avid Diva turntable. I thought I might see a new RP5 since the older model is being discounted.

Several nice Esoteric cd players as well as Marantz Reference series. They have the Rega Apollo priced at $699. Makes me wonder if I may not need another cd player. New mono blocks from Carver using tubes.

Lovely speakers from Focal especially the Electra S series. They also have several lines of Wharfedale speakers but none of their concentrics. They also have the Epic 1, 2, and 3 all of which I would like to hear.

Sadly no new or exciting Rega tweaks. They do have the upgraded Funk Firm Achroplat. I may call for information about it but at $295 I doubt I will ever buy it.

Just wanted to share the fun. Now to keep the credit cards in my wallet.
    JohnMichael
    Vinyl Rega Planar 2, Incognito rewire, Deepgroove subplatter, ceramic bearing, Michell Technoweight, Rega 24V motor, TTPSU, FunkFirm Achroplat platter, Michael Lim top and bottom braces, 2 Rega feet and one RDC cones. Grado Sonata, Moon 110 LP phono.
    Digital
    Sony SCD-XA5400ES SACD/cd SID mat, Marantz SA 8001
    Int. Amp Krell S-300i
    Speaker
    Monitor Audio RS6
    Cables
    AQ SPKR and AQ XLR and IC

Yeah I got mine Friday. Its a great magazine. Good old eye candy....and no drinking while your CC is your wallet and browsing that magazine.
    Music...let it into your soul and be moved....with Canton...Pure Music

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    W10 i5 Quad core processor 8GB RAM/Jriver 20/ Fidelizer Optimizer/ iFI Micro DSD DAC-iUSB 3.0/Vincent SA - T1/Vincent SP-331 MK /MMF-7.1/2M BLACK/MS Phenomena ll+/Canton Vento 830.2

Quote Originally Posted by frenchmon View Post
    Yeah I got mine Friday. Its a great magazine. Good old eye candy....and no drinking while your CC is your wallet and browsing that magazine.

LOL Good advice. My system is sounding so good these days not much tempts me. Any further improvements would require a larger room. Ever since my last cable selection I am sure I have everything working it's best.

Now the Canon 60 mm macro lens that would be equivalent to 96 mm on the 50D is in danger of being delivered. Surprised it did not order itself after several Kir Royales. If I buy it before 11/23 I can save $40.
    JohnMichael
    Vinyl Rega Planar 2, Incognito rewire, Deepgroove subplatter, ceramic bearing, Michell Technoweight, Rega 24V motor, TTPSU, FunkFirm Achroplat platter, Michael Lim top and bottom braces, 2 Rega feet and one RDC cones. Grado Sonata, Moon 110 LP phono.
    Digital
    Int. Amp Krell S-300i
    Speaker
    Monitor Audio RS6
    Cables

LOL....well you may just have to treat your self to a nice holiday gift. I suppose this may be the year I treat my self to a nice SLR camera....

Cheers...

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    W10 i5 Quad core processor 8GB RAM/Jriver 20/ Fidelizer Optimizer/ iFI Micro DSD DAC-iUSB 3.0/Vincent SA - T1/Vincent SP-331 MK /MMF-7.1/2M BLACK/MS Phenomena ll+/Canton Vento 830.2

Yeah..

I'm a bit lower down the food chain, though there are some big ticket items in my fave catalog as well. I get Audio Advisor's catalog about 4 to 6 times a year. Lots of stuff I can't afford to buy but boy do I love lookin' at it.

Worf

Quote Originally Posted by Worf101 View Post
    I'm a bit lower down the food chain, though there are some big ticket items in my fave catalog as well. I get Audio Advisor's catalog about 4 to 6 times a year. Lots of stuff I can't afford to buy but boy do I love lookin' at it.

Worf

You will get a nice raise when your son graduates college. Then you and your wife can enjoy some nice things along with knowing you gave your son a great start.
    JohnMichael
    Digital
    Int. Amp Krell S-300i
    Speaker
    Monitor Audio RS6
    Cables

Well I ordered the Canon 60mm macro lens since the price was reduced. The discount covered the UV filter and lens shade and free shipping with no sales tax. My dog really wanted me to have it and now I need to find something for him.
    JohnMichael
    Digital
    Int. Amp Krell S-300i
    Speaker
    Monitor Audio RS6
    Cables

Cool....1 question....were you drinking? LOL! Just kidding JM, but you know I had to tease ya.

I try and treat my self around the holidays as well. Enjoy the holiday season my man.

Quote Originally Posted by frenchmon View Post
    Cool....1 question....were you drinking? LOL! Just kidding JM, but you know I had to tease ya.

I try and treat my self around the holidays as well. Enjoy the holiday season my man.

It was the B&H Photo Vidio catalog to blame. Yes I had a glass of wine but when I blew into my computers breathalyzer I was okay to order. It will be here Friday. I can take some nice close-ups of audio gear.
    JohnMichael
    Digital
    Int. Amp Krell S-300i
    Speaker
    Monitor Audio RS6
    Cables

Thread Information