Real Estate - Green Aisles. Anybody hear this?

This one is in regular rotation on Sirius XMU and I think I need the whole record. They're from Ridgewoood, NJ and have been around for about 3 years. Their debut in '09 got some good reviews, although I haven't heard it. This song is from their recent release called 'Days'. I can imagine them becoming pretty big on the Indie scene, ala the Shins and Death Cab.

I call my bathroom Jim instead of John so I can tell people that I go to the Jim first thing every morning.

If you say the word 'gullible' very slowly it sounds just like oranges.

I previewed their debut, then deleted it. I had no interest in hearing the new one. I don't think I'm gonna even do a 2011 YEC. Plenty of good stuff this year, but it's the same ole same ole (Decemberists, Wilco, Rob Crow, Iron & Wine, etc., etc.) so what's the point?
    Originally Posted by Troy: She has that same kind of cleft-pallet, slightly retarded way of singing that so many other people find endearing.

Sounds like someone peed in your corn flakes.

Quote Originally Posted by Slosh View Post
    I previewed their debut, then deleted it. I had no interest in hearing the new one. I don't think I'm gonna even do a 2011 YEC. Plenty of good stuff this year, but it's the same ole same ole (Decemberists, Wilco, Rob Crow, Iron & Wine, etc., etc.) so what's the point?
    I'm not saying this has been a banner year for music, but I'm pretty pleased with much of it. I was going to sign you up for the Real Estate fan club, but I guess I won't now.
    I call my bathroom Jim instead of John so I can tell people that I go to the Jim first thing every morning.

If you say the word 'gullible' very slowly it sounds just like oranges.

Forum Regular Jack in Wilmington's Avatar
    This year I discovered two new groups that I like. Flogging Molly and Soundgarden. That could be considered a banner year for me. But it's not like the 60s and 70s when a new group came along what seemed like every other week.
    2 Channel System
    Dynaudio Contour 1.8 Mk II
    Pass Labs X150.5 (Amp)
    Cary SLP-03 (Preamp)
    Music Hall MMF 5.1 (TT)
    Goldring 1012GX (Cart.)
    Pro-ject SE II (Phono Box)
    Rotel RCD-1072 (CD Player)
    Bryston BDA-1 ( DAC )
    Sennheiser HD-600 (Headphones)
    Musical Fidelity Xcan V3 (Headphone Amp) _

HT System
    Usher X-719 (Mains)
    Usher X-616 (Center)
    Usher S-520 (Surrounds)
    Rel T2 (Subwoofer)
    Anthem MCA20 (Amp)
    Yamaha RX-A830 (Receiver)
    Panasonic TH-46PZ85U (Plasma TV)
    Denon DBT-1713UD (BluRay/SACD)

42 Regular
    Ridgewood, NJ, you say? Maybe I'll give them a chance. I lived in Ridgewood for 3-1/2 years... and very formative years, they were. I became a music fan while I lived there, back in the 70s.

Slosh... I did a rough draft YEC last weekend, and it's pretty much as you say. But it's also got some Wye Oak, Kurt Vile, Bright Eyes, Boxer Rebellion, Joy Formidable, Cars, MMJ, etc. You're getting one for your birthday, like it or not. (FA will get hers in person, when Mrs_Mid and I visit TO in January.)
    Mr. MidFi
    Master of the Obvious

3LB
    hiding out in treetops, shouting out rude names
    Hate to be a dick and send this thread careening back on topic, but I actually have this one. It was rec'd to me cuz of past purchases like The Sea & Cake, Grizzly Bear, Guster, etc. Pretty spot-on comparisons in my book, though I don't get some producers infatuation with reverb these days. This CD prolly belongs in the 'chill songs' thread. And like the last efforts from Guster or Sea&Cake, nice but not particularly memorable.
    Repost this on your wall if you love Jesus.

Musicaholic Forums Moderator ForeverAutumn's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr MidFi View Post
    You're getting one for your birthday, like it or not. (FA will get hers in person, when Mrs_Mid and I visit TO in January.)
    Hooray! I'm looking forward to the visit!

Slosh, my birthday present to you is that I won't give you my YEC.

And, knowing that my musical opinion means squat to SwishDaddy, that video does nothing for me. I won't judge them on one song but you're not gonna find me rushing to YouTube for more.

3LB
    hiding out in treetops, shouting out rude names
    They're a tad clean-cut too, as if they'd just bathed before they went on stage. At least one guy is heavy-set with a bushy beard, but they're just not earthy enough looking to play this brand of woodsy college-folk with any degree of authenticity, like Fleet Foxes or Iron & Wine.
    Repost this on your wall if you love Jesus.

There's a lot of new(ish) artists getting hyped this year, but most of it I haven't heard, as I've been in a used-vinyl phase.

Dum Dum Girls, Cults, Ford & Lopatin, Lykke Li, Girls, etc.
    And the world will turn to flowing pink vapor stew.

Thread Information