Are there any MP3 players that use regular batteries?

My high capacity (80 gig) Zune always seems to run out at precisely the wrong time.

I carry my my tiny (2 gig) little Sansa M240, which runs forever off of a AAA battery for a spare. When it does die, a simple battery replacement takes about 30 seconds.

Granted, this may be an apples to oranges (disc to flash drive) comparison, but are there any higher (than 2 gig) portables that run off of replacable batteries?

Thanks guys (and gals)

Forum Regular
    Hmmm, not that I've ever seen but I may be mistaken. As you've already seen there seems to be plenty of small flash based battery players...

Our Ipod uses the std CR2025 batteries. A 5 pack goes for about $2.50 on Amazon.
    Last edited by GMichael; 11-08-2011 at 08:03 AM.
    WARNING! - The Surgeon General has determined that, time spent listening to music is not deducted from one's lifespan.

Forum Regular
    Not sure if it helps but you can get battery recharge packs that use like 3 aa or aaa batteries to actually recharge the device as if its a usb. Its not that big and transfers energy to the mp3 to start the rundown process again. It will buy you another charge cycle.

Forum Regular
    I don't know of any. Most Cowon players have a very long battery life in my experience though. My D2 has a 52 hour battery life

Thread Information