Thread: TEAC X3mkII

Vinyl Fundamentalist Forums Moderator poppachubby's Avatar

TEAC X3mkII

This was gifted to me. I'm not sure what to do with it, mysystem is perfect and I am afraid to monkey with it. Any ideas, comments or suggestions are welcome.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails TEAC X3mkII-7.jpg  

If yours is anything like mine was, then in additiion to the four tracks I would lay down....I would record hours of good music on the big reels and by it being also auto reverse I would have like 5-6 hours of music non stop. It was really good for entertaining or for just listening to while you did major cleaning or repair jobs around the house. I had a reverb button on mine that I could add as much or less as I wanted. So I would add just a tad of the reverd and it would give me artificial acoustic and it sounded really great.
    Dont know if yours has all the bells and whistles. Wish I still had mine.
    Music...let it into your soul and be moved....with Canton...Pure Music

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    W10 i5 Quad core processor 8GB RAM/Jriver 20/ Fidelizer Optimizer/ iFI Micro DSD DAC-iUSB 3.0/Vincent SA - T1/Vincent SP-331 MK /MMF-7.1/2M BLACK/MS Phenomena ll+/Canton Vento 830.2

Pops...this is the one I use to own. It was 4 track and auto reverse. It had a lots of bells and whistles. Wish I still had it. Its the Pioneer RT 909

I use to plug my guitar into it and was able to lay down 4 tracks and then play it back....lots of fun.

Heres a rare black one

Man I miss that thing. Every time I see a picture of it my heart sinks. I use to own a silver one in the 80's

Man I am just sick all over again now...I miss that Reel to Reel even after all these years. Look at this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=alyxgN5Z448
    Last edited by frenchmon; 07-29-2011 at 05:58 AM.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    W10 i5 Quad core processor 8GB RAM/Jriver 20/ Fidelizer Optimizer/ iFI Micro DSD DAC-iUSB 3.0/Vincent SA - T1/Vincent SP-331 MK /MMF-7.1/2M BLACK/MS Phenomena ll+/Canton Vento 830.2

Vinyl Fundamentalist Forums Moderator poppachubby's Avatar
    Great video, there's one on youtube for my model also. I interrupted Blue Mitchell to watch yours!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AiqMaKNLQeQ

Mine has no "bells and whistles" so to speak. The main thing I am concerned about is maintenance. Lots of moving parts and I suspect it's been sitting for a time. It appears to be in great shape, like new infact. Anyhow I am feeling a bit overwhelmed because I know nothing.

I got the manual for free online, so I will begin reading and slowly familiarize myself. I guess tape is becoming harder to find, I got a rec for Quantegy, so I need a fresh reel of tape. Right now I have what's in the picture.

I just have to figure out where it will sit and the best way to integrate it. I have both vinyl and digital options with my computer, but then playback would require me to plug it elsewhere. I suppose I will have to think about it.

Quote Originally Posted by poppachubby View Post
    Great video, there's one on youtube for my model also. I interrupted Blue Mitchell to watch yours!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AiqMaKNLQeQ

Mine has no "bells and whistles" so to speak. The main thing I am concerned about is maintenance. Lots of moving parts and I suspect it's been sitting for a time. It appears to be in great shape, like new infact. Anyhow I am feeling a bit overwhelmed because I know nothing.

I got the manual for free online, so I will begin reading and slowly familiarize myself. I guess tape is becoming harder to find, I got a rec for Quantegy, so I need a fresh reel of tape. Right now I have what's in the picture.

I just have to figure out where it will sit and the best way to integrate it. I have both vinyl and digital options with my computer, but then playback would require me to plug it elsewhere. I suppose I will have to think about it.
    Pops...Yours is a 3 tract? It has 3 heads? iF so you may be able to lay down some over dubs with that bass of yours. Other wise you can just record to the fill of the tape some of your best tunes for the next time you have a bbQ and let the music rip and forget about it. Im sure it has automatic stop if not auto reverse. You may have to buy tape online some place...there is still a following for reel to reel and there are dedicated web sites .

Thread Information