Forum Regular

which kitchen speakers?

I'd like to get an airport express and speakers for having music in my kitchen. As I don't want to invest in a high end system for the kitchen, are there any "budget" (sub 100$) toslink speakers kitchen proof?

I know not the sound - but... a google search doesn't turn up much.

http://www.pricefalls.com/products/B...ir/id/19305500

Omindirectional might be good

Quote Originally Posted by zinneken View Post
    I'd like to get an airport express and speakers for having music in my kitchen. As I don't want to invest in a high end system for the kitchen, are there any "budget" (sub 100$) toslink speakers kitchen proof?
    Assuming you'll be listening from various locations in the room, I'd suggest perhaps omindirectional speakers, maybe a pair of one of these "omnipolar" Mirage speakers ... HERE.

Forum Regular
    especially the mirages sound great from all I've read - looking super. But, they're over budget for the kitchen ... at 149 a piece, I'm looking to target sub 100.

Forum Regular
    Sniff around here:
    http://www.outdoorspeakerdepot.com/aphidepaspp.html

These are $90/pair

B/t/w these OSD speakers look very much like Polk Patio25, which are $150/pr at Sam's Club...... the joys of outsourcing to China.

Forum Regular
    they certainly look good for the budget, but, I can't connect those directly to an airport express.

It seems the combo I am looking for is hard to get, but am sure so many people use an airport express to link speakers to somewhere in their home. Maybe I should change the title of the topic to that ... makes more sense.

Thread Information