Forum Regular

Akai AP- 207 Turntable

Hey All: I need some Help!!!

Found this table here in town, but don't know a thing about it. The owner says its a great table,but I'd say that to if I was selling it. I've found good reviews online,and some pictures of it,and its a nice looking unit. The owner said he replaced the cartridge back in Dec. with a A-T 440mla,good cart. It's full auto,he says everything works,with out any problems. Has anyone owned,or herd,and seen this table in action. I really don't have a clue what it's value is. His asking price is $275,and to me that seems on the high side. I don't know for sure.
    Any thoughts on value,and quality,,will be appreciated.
    Thanks.

That's way too much for that TT.
    ARC SP9 MKIII, VPI HW19, Rega RB300
    Marcof PPA1, Shure, Sumiko, Ortofon carts, Yamaha DVD-S1800
    Behringer UCA222, Emotiva XDA-2, HiFimeDIY
    Accuphase T101, Teac V-7010, Nak ZX-7. LX-5, Behringer DSP1124P
    Front: Magnepan 1.7, DBX 223SX, 2 modified Dynaco MK3's, 2, 12" DIY TL subs (Pass El-Pipe-O) 2 bridged Crown XLS-402
    Rear/HT: Emotiva UMC200, Acoustat Model 1/SPW-1, Behringer CX2310, 2 Adcom GFA-545

Forum Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeE SP9
    That's way too much for that TT.

That was my conclusion also. I just came from looking at it. Nice, but not that nice.
    I didn't want to make him mad, so I didn't make any offer. But in my mind I wouldn't have given but $100 for it. And would have had to think long about that.

I only gave $135 for my SL-1600,and that one is not in the same league...

The seller is probably factoring in that new cartridge. That alone would be worth $100 if it's truly almost new and assuming you wanted the AT.

Forum Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by 02audionoob
    The seller is probably factoring in that new cartridge. That alone would be worth $100 if it's truly almost new and assuming you wanted the AT.

Yeah,thats true about the cart.he showed me the receipt,$112.00,bought after x-mas.
    But with him starting so high,I knew we would not come to a consensus on price.

Thread Information