Forum Regular

Speakers broken?

I just got in my new amp and hooked it up to my 2 as yet untested Bose Panaray 402 Series II speakers and got no output at all. The amp is connected to the speakers with 2x 50' speakon cables and i know the amp is getting good inputs because I am seeing deflection on the output LED's. I am worried that they are either dramatically underpowered, or not working at all, the speakers are a little old, but I am not even hearing buzzing or crackles. The amp is 2100 W peak but pretty cheap, brand new however. Whats the problem here?

Chicago IL
    I will assume that the problem is not the speakers but your amplifier. Maybe you didn't set it up right! Check it out.

By the way what is the amplifier, I am curious with the 2100W?

My vintage gear!!! http://i48.tinypic.com/t66o1v.png

Mutant from table 9
    You're missing the system controller. Bose 402's use an equalization box. Won't work without it. Google Bose 402 controller.

"Tha H-Dog listens easy, always has, always will." - Herbert Kornfeld (R.I.P.)

"I lick the mothra moniters because they pump up the base!!" - Dusty Beiber

Forum Regular
    Tried it, still no output. Granted I only had one XLR cable, but I had my amp bridged to both channels. I think I am going to try to open the speaker cases up to rule out the connectors and cable I am using. I don't really trust speakon connectors.
    Last edited by KlitCMDR; 03-08-2011 at 02:45 PM.

Forum Regular
    New Technical Pro Lz 2100 Watt Dj Power Amplifier Amp

Forum Regular
    OK, so i opened up the speakers and ran some basic wire from the amp to the back of the connector inside the speaker casing, and got sound. I guess the connector is broken or the connectors aren't working.

Thread Information