Forum Regular

Ever heard of Precision Acoustic subwoofers?

Has anyone ever heard of or tried Precision Acoustic Subwoofers? I have seen two versions deeply on sale, one an 80 watt-8 inch (ported), and the other a 100 watt- 10 inch (ported), the latter with adjustable cross-over. These are carried by a distributor in Canada whose site says: "Canadian distributors for Harman / Kardon, JBL and Infinity" Note no mention of Precision Acoustics. On the back of the subwoofer is a small insignia that says "cRU us", with the R backwards & blended with the left upright stroke of the U.

I am on a limited budget (see previous thread "Alternative subwoofer & no more hum problem"), so the prices are great, but what is the quality like? Sounded reasonable in a noisy store.

Thanks!

Google search turns up nothing...I think I'd probably avoid that one. It souds like a White Van or 'computer show' special.

3db
    Forum Regular

Nope. PA doesn't fall into either category

Quote Originally Posted by N. Abstentia
    Google search turns up nothing...I think I'd probably avoid that one. It souds like a White Van or 'computer show' special.

Its a brand that is carried by Best Buy up here in Canada. But thats all I know. Don't know whoi makes them. I haven't bothered to audition them because they are so low priced that I assumed that they were crap. Maybe I'm wrong. would'nt be the 1st time.

Forum Regular

More info

Coincidentally, I have now heard the 80 Watt, 8 inch version of these in someone's home, and it actually did not sound bad - at least at low to medium volume.

The distributor in Canada (in Quebec) has a site at www.eriksonconsumer.com . But as I mentioned, no mention of Precision Acoustics. Sent them an email over a week ago about them, and no response to date.

Thread Information