Thread: rega p-1

Forum Regular

rega p-1

so about a month or so ago i put up a post about my rega p-1 and how i was having problems with it, so i took it into sound hounds the local high end electornics to get it fixed. They said it would take 3-4 days, so today i got a call saying that the tonearm or something was broken and that they didnt have anymore and were not able to get any more in. So they said i could upgrade to a project turntable for only 50 bucks more, the problem is that i dont know what table i would be upgrading to and if it is better or not because i dont want to get a turntable that is worth less than the one i got, can anybody help me decide me and my dad are going in tomorrow to figure it out.

i just got off the phone with them and they said the upgrade would be to a project debut 3, is it worth the extra 50 bucks ? i dont know tons about that project table or if its any good or anything but any input would be greatly appriciated. thanks
    Last edited by ryanianmckinnon; 01-25-2011 at 04:00 PM.

They're probably talking about the Pro-Ject Debut III, which is not an upgrade against the Rega P1. It's probably a draw. It's a nice turntable but it seems like it is a little more prone to motor and vibration issues than it should be. I do own one, but I got it cheap...and I don't have any problems with it. If I were choosing at dealer prices, I'd probably prefer the Rega.

Forum Regular
    yeah that is what they are talking about. Hmm that makes me not want to trade my rega for it if its the same especially for 50 bucks more. I dont want to have to deal with those problems, i also dont have the time either. Hmm this was a christmas present which sucks even more cause i didnt even get to hear the table. I dont think i want to get the pro-ject now if its just the same and its gonna cost 50 bucks more

If the Rega is truly broken, it would be worth $50 to trade it in for a good working turntable. But if they're willing to take it in trade, they must know how to repair it. Otherwise it would be worthless, don't you think?

Forum Regular
    yeah they said it is i think i am gonna like return it and get the money back then get the pro-ject turntable, and yeah that is true and also wouldnt u be able to send it back to the factory and get a new one as it is still under warrenty and it was a factory defect

Thread Information