Thread: Hello

AR Newbie Registered Member

Hello

Hi, to the AV community. I am new to this forum, but not AV equipment. I am interested in learning more about high-end audio.
    Being a former New York, DJ during the Disco days, I am now looking to transition from vinyl to all digital. I am currently using Virtual DJ for music compilations, but will be setting up a studio soon. I look forward to all great advise and information available on this forum.

Chicago IL
    Hey Smokey428, welcome here, it is a good place to learn slowly new things! Stick around and you will see!

My vintage gear!!! http://i48.tinypic.com/t66o1v.png

Welcome to AR Smokey428. Many of us have vinyl and digital media. If you're getting rid of your vinyl some of the members may be interested in what you're discarding. Include me in that group.
    ARC SP9 MKIII, VPI HW19, Rega RB300
    Marcof PPA1, Shure, Sumiko, Ortofon carts, Yamaha DVD-S1800
    Behringer UCA222, Emotiva XDA-2, HiFimeDIY
    Accuphase T101, Teac V-7010, Nak ZX-7. LX-5, Behringer DSP1124P
    Front: Magnepan 1.7, DBX 223SX, 2 modified Dynaco MK3's, 2, 12" DIY TL subs (Pass El-Pipe-O) 2 bridged Crown XLS-402
    Rear/HT: Emotiva UMC200, Acoustat Model 1/SPW-1, Behringer CX2310, 2 Adcom GFA-545

Hey Smoke,

You are in great company. There is a wealth of knowledge here. I too was new to AR a year ago but it took all of 20 minutes of my first post to realize I was in the right place. The moderators don't take no BS so you don't have to worry about some Jack-Leg acting like an ass and ruining the experience for everybody else.

I also have a little home studio so if you have any questions about the "pro" end of things I am always available for anything.

rock on,

Jason
    The round mound of rebound sound is profound and bound to pound the ground. OK, I got nuthin.....

Rip your vinyl to wav (or similar) for better sq than cd. It will be a patience of love ripping all that vinyl.

As for jacklegs, we'll try........
    d HC b

Thread Information