Suspended

Worst New Years Show ever- Dick Clark-Ryan Seacrest

Last nights show really sucked. The performances were nothing special from The Bareback Boys/New Geezers on the Block to Kesha.

You never even got to see the ball drop because they were too worried that Dick Clark wouldn't be able to count backwards from 10. The whole time he counted the ball was at the top. It was supposed to start dropping so that it was at the bottom when the clock struck 12. Instead we watched him count while they showed the ball at the top. When he was done counting, the spliced back to Times Square and the ball was nowhere in sight. What a flop of a show.

One of the other really bad moments was when they Asked Kesha what her New Years Resolution was and her answer was to "Not be a douche bag", well I think she already is!

Anyone else dissapointed with what was supposed to be the premier NYE show?

Once I saw Dick Clark, and how he was barely able to speak, It was to painful to watch. I guess to many years of seeing him on AB ( 70's) being the smooth interviewer he use to be. I really feel they should let him fade into the background.
    HT
    Pioneer Elite SC lx502
    Pioneer Elite N50
    Pioneer Cassette CTM66R
    Pioneer Elite BDP 85FD

Vizio P series 2160p
    Panamax 5300 EX

Suspended
    Quote Originally Posted by recoveryone
    Once I saw Dick Clark, and how he was barely able to speak, It was to painful to watch. I guess to many years of seeing him on AB ( 70's) being the smooth interviewer he use to be. I really feel they should let him fade into the background.
    Actually, he was much better this year than last but yes, he's done and putting all the attention on him ruined the tradition of being able to watch the ball drop with the countdown. The producers of that show should be shot, or at least banned from having anything to do with the show. They ruined it for millions of viewers.

Super Moderator Site Moderator JohnMichael's Avatar
    In my somewhat over champagned state my thought was "who brought Lazarus back from the dead"? My other thought was "and why"? I like Dick Clark and I am glad he is recovering from a stroke but it was painful to watch. I have worked with many vicitims of CVA's and will always be glad for their progress. I guess I was looking to be entertained and escape from the issues I deal with at work. Dick I am glad you are alive and able to do it but selfishly I did not want to deal with it last night.
    JohnMichael
    Vinyl Rega Planar 2, Incognito rewire, Deepgroove subplatter, ceramic bearing, Michell Technoweight, Rega 24V motor, TTPSU, FunkFirm Achroplat platter, Michael Lim top and bottom braces, 2 Rega feet and one RDC cones. Grado Sonata, Moon 110 LP phono.
    Digital
    Sony SCD-XA5400ES SACD/cd SID mat, Marantz SA 8001
    Int. Amp Krell S-300i
    Speaker
    Monitor Audio RS6
    Cables
    AQ SPKR and AQ XLR and IC

Dick, I wish you good luck and a full recovery. But anyone else who speaks the way you do would have no chance of landing a job speaking on TV. Please, take up producing or something that puts you on the other side of the camera.
    WARNING! - The Surgeon General has determined that, time spent listening to music is not deducted from one's lifespan.

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by GMichael
    Dick, I wish you good luck and a full recovery. But anyone else who speaks the way you do would have no chance of landing a job speaking on TV. Please, take up producing or something that puts you on the other side of the camera.
    You're kidding right?
    THERE comes a time for everybody to put up their spurs.
    I know that some hate to quit, but sometimes its the only way to salvage your rep.
    How would you like to be remembered, as Dick Clark used to be, or as he is now?
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    LG 42", integra 6.9, B&W 602s2, CC6 center, dm305rears, b&w
    sub asw2500
    Panny DVDA player
    sharp Aquos BLU player
    pronto remote, technics antique direct drive TT
    Samsung SACD/DVDA player
    emotiva upa-2 two channel amp

Quote Originally Posted by pixelthis
    You're kidding right?
    THERE comes a time for everybody to put up their spurs.
    I know that some hate to quit, but sometimes its the only way to salvage your rep.
    How would you like to be remembered, as Dick Clark used to be, or as he is now?
    No. I'm not kidding. If you read my post closely you'll see that I don't want him in front of a camera either.
    WARNING! - The Surgeon General has determined that, time spent listening to music is not deducted from one's lifespan.

Welp....

In that Puddin is an Occupation Therapist, she feels nothing but compassion for Dick Clark. Ian on the other hand, like the brain dead teenager he is, thought that Clark fighting through the countdown was funny. I informed him in no uncertain terms what I felt about him laughing at a person's afflictions and infirmities. He got it. I feel it's so sad to see Dick Clark in this state.

I've mixed feelings about the man, his strangle hold on music though American Bandstand, and the kick back system that took place on that show, but even with that he didn't deserve to have his voice taken from him and replaced that garbled mess. It's sad.

Worf

3LB
    hiding out in treetops, shouting out rude names
    I didn't see this, but I haven't watched this for a couple of years now. I've caught parts here and there, being that every party we go to turns it on. But when its comes to the countdown, I usually reserve that time to duck out and chase the dragon, do a few lines or shoot-up.
    Repost this on your wall if you love Jesus.

Thread Information