Suspended

Pappa C and other TT nuts

Have any of you ever had experience with a Versa Dynamics Vacuum Platter table?

Back in the 80s while still working in Machine Shops I worked with John Bicht to develop and build the original prototype and first production run. These TTs had a huge vacuum pump that was needed to be installed in your basement or other concrete location with tubing run to and from TT. I never got to hear one and was not really into HE Audio so had no idea how significant these guys were.

sylmar, ca. in beautiful so cal earthquake country
    i did not ever hear one but saw one at brooks berdan's store in monrovia california, used and waiting to be sold.

i had heard they are fraught with problems but thats hearsay not experience.

when reviewed in AUDIO magazine long ago, it was described in glowing terms as i remember.

its a shame you never got to hear one. im my experience, workers at companies (like infinity systems) usually got to hear the products in the listening rooms. perhaps your machine shop was off-site.

if this was posted on the audioasylum.com's vinyl asylum, someone there may have heard this tt.
    ...regards...tr

Thread Information