Forum Regular

Info about DLK Model 3's?

I recently just got a great deal on a pair of Acoustical Productions Inc. DLK Model 3's from a guy who said he bought them in 1970 and has had them since. I have been trying to research them and see some specs and see what they could be worth but have not been able to find much. Anyone know something about these? They seem to sound great and can put out a lot, I am just curious about them. Here are some pictures below.
    Thanks

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

Chicago IL
    Here http://audiokarma.net/forums/showthread.php?t=183957 you can find a lot of info!!!

Forum Regular
    Are these even the original subs in this speaker? They say pyle and the surrounds are ripped and I am begginning to think they are not. Where could I get a repair kit? Would this work?

http://cgi.ebay.com/DLK-3-12-Woofer-...item230161837a

Chicago IL
    I think someone replaced the woofers on your speakers and they are not original. Since the woofers are not DLK you will have to find foam for Pyle 12" woofers.

Forum Regular
    What would you reccommend I replace the sub with? I believe itd be almost impossible to find an original replacement dlk. WHat would you reccommend putting in instead and where could i get it?

Chicago IL
    Well it will be really impossible to find the original woofers so I don't know what to suggest you! If you want just buy 12" foam, refoam the woofers and sell them! I would do that because it won't be worth to put more money on the speakers!

Thread Information