Speaking of great bands reuniting (Rae)....

...guess who Swishbaby is going to see at the end of September? No, not Pavement, that's this coming Friday. How about Jason and the Scorchers!!! Yep, they're back together and touring, and that show should be a blast. They should have been playing to packed crowds in large venues, but it never came to be. They had the songs, the hooks, the talent...instead we get the Jonas Brothers and Justin Bieber. WTF!

Anyway, I can't wait to see these guys. That Warner Hodges knows every stinkin' lick in the book and uses all of 'em in their songs. What a blast this will be.
    I call my bathroom Jim instead of John so I can tell people that I go to the Jim first thing every morning.

If you say the word 'gullible' very slowly it sounds just like oranges.

Suspended
    Hey.... I remember them, they had a song on MTV back in the day I really dug. Now I'm going to have to look around to remember what it was. I remember seeing the video for the first time, I was all cross eyed and thought the name was Jason & the Scotchers. I asked my friend the next day if he had ever seen Jason & the Scotchers and he just lost it laughing. Seems like Men Without something.....

I guess the recession has hit the children's music market that Jason was working in. Was it "Farmer Jason?" Maybe next Dan Zanes gets back with the Del Fuegos?

I don't like others.

Yep, I heard they were touring again. I saw them once in the 80s and once in the 90s, and they kicked ass both times I saw them.

The latest album isn't the greatest, but I bet they still put on a good live show.
    And the world will turn to flowing pink vapor stew.

Yeah, it was Farmer Jason.

Quote Originally Posted by MindGoneHaywire
    I guess the recession has hit the children's music market that Jason was working in. Was it "Farmer Jason?" Maybe next Dan Zanes gets back with the Del Fuegos?
    He was doing (and still might be) solo records aimed at kids and based on farm animals. I guess when you grow up on a hog farm, you would gravitate toward that sort of thing.

Actually, I read an interview with Warner years back and he basically said he was totally bored with performing and just wanted to be a dad and live a normal life. Maybe that got boring too and the road seemed better?
    I call my bathroom Jim instead of John so I can tell people that I go to the Jim first thing every morning.

If you say the word 'gullible' very slowly it sounds just like oranges.

42 Regular
    I saw them in a great little place in Athens, GA (the old 40-Watt Club) back in 1985. Or was that 1895? Either way, they rocked with the power of 1000 suns.

On a different note... Swish-daddy is 1 post away from 3,000. That's impressive. And a little sad, frankly.
    Mr. MidFi
    Master of the Obvious

Rae
    Ah, but not coming anywhere near my part of the country. Have fun!

~Rae

Suspended
    Farmer Jason? I thought i had been subjected to about every form of kids show. Where was FJ??

Thread Information