Cool Bad boy Toshiba at it again

Although this time it might be a good thing.
    THEY ARE PLAYING SPOILER AGAIN, doing to the misshapen 3D format what they did
    to the BLU format with their HD DVD format.
    Yes, they are coming out with 3D TV, a version that doesnt require glasses.
    ONE THING ABOUT the version that requires glasses, there are only two plugs, if more than
    two people are in your family, tough luck. Just another flaw in this gimmick masquerading
    as a format.
    TOSHIBA WILL USE SOME KIND OF LIGHT RAYS or some such to make 3D images
    without glasses. JUST a guess, but heres betting that the effect disappears off axis .
    And the soap opera that is the latest in a long line of efforts to sell this gimmick continue.
    And if you are a 3D "pioneer" and like the Toshiba effort after spending thousands on a
    "3D" tv . Tough cookies, pioneers always wind up with arrows in their backs.
    Gonna be fun watching this comedy of errors and stupidity play out from the side lines.
    Anybody got popcorn?
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    LG 42", integra 6.9, B&W 602s2, CC6 center, dm305rears, b&w
    sub asw2500
    Panny DVDA player
    sharp Aquos BLU player
    pronto remote, technics antique direct drive TT
    Samsung SACD/DVDA player
    emotiva upa-2 two channel amp

M.P.S.E /AES/SMPTE member Sir Terrence the Terrible's Avatar
    Almost every manufacturer is trying to make a glasses free television. The problem with doing it is that everyone who is watching must be sitting at a certain angle to view it. The difference information (alternating left/right eye information) is displayed using an offset angle that you must sit within a certain angle to see. That means the displays will not be very large, and won't accommodate more than two people. This is not the way to do 3D IMO, at least until they can make the technology adaptable to larger displays that accommodate more people. The larger the screen, the better the 3D effect. The resolution of these sets will also be lower than that of a shutter based or polarized based system.

I think the best way to present 3D is based on the Real3D system that uses polarization instead of shutter glasses. The glasses are lighter(you almost don't notice them after a while even with glasses), the convergence/divergence effect is more profound, and the glasses can be sold for about $5.

The title of this thread is very misleading. Toshiba is not being a bad boy, and they are not changing anything in the BDA's specs for 3D on Blu ray. They(like everyone else) is trying to develop a display that follows the established guidelines of the BDA 3D spec, but do it without the glasses...that is all.

The OP has a penchant for using hyperbole and highly colorful mindless babble to describe a technology he has never seen in the theater or at home. When you don't understand it, just bastardize every 3D announcement with your warped uninformed opinion.

As far as the two plugs comment for shutter based systems, its a red herring. One transmitter can cover more than one pair of glasses, so one plug is all you need. If you actually own the technology, you would know this. Unfortunately the OP does not own anything 3D, which is why he is so uniformed.
    Sir Terrence

Titan Reference 3D 1080p projector
    200" SI Black Diamond II screen
    Oppo BDP-103D
    Datastat RS20I audio/video processor 12.4 audio setup
    9 Onkyo M-5099 power amp
    9 Onkyo M-510 power amp
    9 Onkyo M-508 power amp
    6 custom CAL amps for subs
    3 custom 3 way horn DSP hybrid monitors
    18 custom 3 way horn DSP hybrid surround/ceiling speakers
    2 custom 15" sealed FFEC servo subs
    4 custom 15" H-PAS FFEC servo subs
    THX Style Baffle wall

Forum Regular
    Hi Sir TT; I went to one of the Disneyworld parks some 20 to 30 years ago in Orlando,Fl. In one pavillion they were showing a 3-D movie. I believe the glasses were polarized because they were darkish in nature. They were very comfortable to wear over my distance glasses. My question is; do you know offhand what kind of 3-D system Disney was using at that time. The 3D movie looked as brite as a regular movie IMHO and the illusion of 3D seemed perfect to me. Thanx.

Quote Originally Posted by kelsci
    Hi Sir TT; I went to one of the Disneyworld parks some 20 to 30 years ago in Orlando,Fl. In one pavillion they were showing a 3-D movie. I believe the glasses were polarized because they were darkish in nature. They were very comfortable to wear over my distance glasses. My question is; do you know offhand what kind of 3-D system Disney was using at that time. The 3D movie looked as brite as a regular movie IMHO and the illusion of 3D seemed perfect to me. Thanx.
    I think you would be talking about Michael Jackson's Captain EOm and if I am not mistaken it was the Epcot Theater were it was shown(I am going from memory here!). I think the movie was directed by Francis Ford Coppola and produced by George Lucas.(I could be mistaken though).

It was a film based system using timecodes to sync the two projectors together(unlike the 50's, and 60's era 3D which used two projectionist to manually sync the projectors together). It was based on the same system IMAX was using at the time. The glasses were polarized, and each projector displayed different polarized images in sync. This version of 3D is considered the best 3D ever, using two 70mm prints sync'd together that created images of very high resolution. It IMO does not compare to today's 3D, because you still had image studdering as the film went through the gates of the projectors that were as a result of the film coming in contact with the gate itself. 3D today uses digital files(as you might already know) and they have no contact with any physical device....so no studdering, and no slight loss of resolution as a result of it. In spite of the studdering, 70mm film presented images that were so good, most would not even know the studdering was actually happening - hence why it looks so good.
    Last edited by Sir Terrence the Terrible; 08-25-2010 at 02:43 PM.
    Sir Terrence

Oppo BDP-103D
    9 Onkyo M-5099 power amp
    9 Onkyo M-510 power amp
    9 Onkyo M-508 power amp
    THX Style Baffle wall

Suspended
    Quote Originally Posted by pixelthis
    Although this time it might be a good thing.
    THEY ARE PLAYING SPOILER AGAIN, doing to the misshapen 3D format what they did
    to the BLU format with their HD DVD format.
    Yes, they are coming out with 3D TV, a version that doesnt require glasses.
    ONE THING ABOUT the version that requires glasses, there are only two plugs, if more than
    two people are in your family, tough luck. Just another flaw in this gimmick masquerading
    as a format.
    TOSHIBA WILL USE SOME KIND OF LIGHT RAYS or some such to make 3D images
    without glasses. JUST a guess, but heres betting that the effect disappears off axis .
    And the soap opera that is the latest in a long line of efforts to sell this gimmick continue.
    And if you are a 3D "pioneer" and like the Toshiba effort after spending thousands on a
    "3D" tv . Tough cookies, pioneers always wind up with arrows in their backs.
    Gonna be fun watching this comedy of errors and stupidity play out from the side lines.
    Anybody got popcorn?
    Open mouth, insert other foot....

AS LONG AS YOUR "family " consists of two people, as there are usually only two plugs for
    3D glasses.
    Guess you can take turns, or maybe buy one of those TOSHIBA sets that don't require glasses.
    OH WAIT, you already spent thousands on the set you have, the one where folks have to watch two by two.
    Nevermind.
    And again, and again....

Pix, you are doing everyone a big disservice by spewing non fact based opinions on every 3D post including this big pile of bad information.

Some folks are trying to learn something by reading well informed, quantifiable responses to questions. I am by far the last one here to be a technology chaser. Hell, my current DVD player doesn't even have HDMI out so I'm excited about the fact that later this year when I buy a new player my picture will look good.

But, even though I may never buy a 3D TV, I want to hear what people who have actually spent more time than a Best Buy demo in the isle setup for 5 minutes have to say.

It seems more like you have a personal thing with Sir T. If that is your problem, why not air it out in Mr Peabody's post where you can cite the fact, the past posts to qualify your issue and stay out of posts where people want to hear some facts or at best, opinions based on real experience. I have been learning a great deal from T without ever joining in on a thread. What I have researched, is able to be backed up by facts, something your posts are devoid of.

It is possible that it may not last forever or be the format everyone loves, neither was DAT, Laser Disk and so on. But, they were all cool to have and play with.

Now find me a nice immature GIF to post in your all caps reply.

Forum Regular
    Thanks Sir T.T. I forgot that they used 2 projectors as you describe, I did not sense any anomalies when I saw the film. I think it was the Epcot Center where I saw it. This film came before Captain Eeo; it was a generalized topics film made in 3-D. Yes, the 3-D was great on that film. I never saw Eeo, but it must have looked like bonkers on that Epcot Center screen.

Suspended
    I saw Captain Eeo at Disney World. Along with the 3D effects there were also lights behind the screen (stars) and fog to enhance the effects. It was very cool, especially for the times.

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by kelsci
    that was a Micheal JACKSON short, "captain eo", they pulled it after JACKSON BECAME POLITICALLY INCORRECT.
    It used polarized glasses, smoke bombs, and other props, and was quite entertaining, if impractical
    sub asw2500
    Panny DVDA player
    sharp Aquos BLU player
    Samsung SACD/DVDA player

Angry

Quote Originally Posted by Hyfi
    Open mouth, insert other foot....

And again, and again....

Pix, you are doing everyone a big disservice by spewing non fact based opinions on every 3D post including this big pile of bad information.

Some folks are trying to learn something by reading well informed, quantifiable responses to questions. I am by far the last one here to be a technology chaser. Hell, my current DVD player doesn't even have HDMI out so I'm excited about the fact that later this year when I buy a new player my picture will look good.

But, even though I may never buy a 3D TV, I want to hear what people who have actually spent more time than a Best Buy demo in the isle setup for 5 minutes have to say.

It seems more like you have a personal thing with Sir T. If that is your problem, why not air it out in Mr Peabody's post where you can cite the fact, the past posts to qualify your issue and stay out of posts where people want to hear some facts or at best, opinions based on real experience. I have been learning a great deal from T without ever joining in on a thread. What I have researched, is able to be backed up by facts, something your posts are devoid of.

It is possible that it may not last forever or be the format everyone loves, neither was DAT, Laser Disk and so on. But, they were all cool to have and play with.

Now find me a nice immature GIF to post in your all caps reply.
    THE INFO from my post was from THE WALL STREET JOURNAL.
    Is that "authoritative" enough for you? I HEARD IT ON their daily report, and thought others would like to know about it, is all
    SO SHOOT ME.
    Yeah, you "learned" so much from talky, what wasnt wrong was stuff he googled off of the internet, he is so clueless that he doesnt realize simple things, like lens cleaners for
    DVD players (are any other player) are a ripoff.
    I HAVE CAUGHT HIM A FEW TIMES, he just ignores it and mores on.
    He is an arrogant prick that doesnt know half of what he thinks he knows, and as long as
    he is attacking everyone who posts on this site, there won't be hardly anybody on this site.
    As for 3D, its not a "format", IT IS A GIMMICK.
    There are major problems with every version, some are serious physiological effects,
    like severe headaches, nausea, and other problems. Long term problemS?
    NOBODY KNOWS.
    The "shutter" glasses were last tried in the eighties, and where are those now?
    And I DON'T HAVE A "PERSONAL" "thing" with sir talky, he would have to have a personality for that to occur.
    sub asw2500
    Panny DVDA player
    sharp Aquos BLU player
    Samsung SACD/DVDA player

Angry

[QUOTE]
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir Terrence the Terrible
    Almost every manufacturer is trying to make a glasses free television. The problem with doing it is that everyone who is watching must be sitting at a certain angle to view it. The difference information (alternating left/right eye information) is displayed using an offset angle that you must sit within a certain angle to see. That means the displays will not be very large, and won't accommodate more than two people. This is not the way to do 3D IMO, at least until they can make the technology adaptable to larger displays that accommodate more people. The larger the screen, the better the 3D effect. The resolution of these sets will also be lower than that of a shutter based or polarized based system.
    No, but a TV like the one you bought, that can't accommodate more than two pairs of glasses at a time...IS.

I think the best way to present 3D is based on the Real3D system that uses polarization instead of shutter glasses. The glasses are lighter(you almost don't notice them after a while even with glasses), the convergence/divergence effect is more profound, and the glasses can be sold for about $5.
    And has the same problems as shutter glasses, at least more than two can watch.
    THE 3D ON THESE ISNT AS GOOD as with shutters, just a little better than glasses free
    3D, IMHO.
    Worst of all possible worlds

The title of this thread is very misleading. Toshiba is not being a bad boy, and they are not changing anything in the BDA's specs for 3D on Blu ray. They(like everyone else) is trying to develop a display that follows the established guidelines of the BDA 3D spec, but do it without the glasses...that is all.
    Of course they are not, once again showing that you are so literal minded that you are probably an expert program running on an old 486 in a closet somewhere under some dirty clothes.
    Toshiba might confuse consumers, is all.
    Lighten up, okay?

The OP has a penchant for using hyperbole and highly colorful mindless babble to describe a technology he has never seen in the theater or at home. When you don't understand it, just bastardize every 3D announcement with your warped uninformed opinion.
    Your "opinion " is just warped. I have been around every form of "3D" that has come out
    since forever, from the red-blue glasses on. I guess what really irritates me is that this
    current "version" is just a rehash of junk that was sold mostly in Japan in the eighties.
    CRAP SQUARED, BASICALLY.
    TV makers must believe in the apocalypse, and that they can sell sets and make money,
    and the end will come before the lawsuits over the physiological problems.
    EVERY TYPE OF 3d CAUSES HEADACHES EVERY ONE.
    Unleashing this junk on the unsuspecting public isnt just stupid, its probably
    criminal
    WANT TO be a lab rat for a bunch of corporate suits with no SCRUPLES
    whatsoever? FINE. leave me out.

As far as the two plugs comment for shutter based systems, its a red herring. One transmitter can cover more than one pair of glasses, so one plug is all you need. If you actually own the technology, you would know this. Unfortunately the OP does not own anything 3D, which is why he is so uniformed.
    And never will own one, I AM NOT A FOOL.
    And I DON'T NEED TO OWN AN ATOM SMASHER to know how one works, and to know I don't want one in my HOUSE.

In a year or two this crap will be deal, people getting headaches from 3d movie watching in
    the theater arent going to shell out thousands to have headaches at home.
    3D TV
    Bought to you bey the same folks who brought you aspartame, the ford pinto,
    and new coke.
    ENJOY
    sub asw2500
    Panny DVDA player
    sharp Aquos BLU player
    Samsung SACD/DVDA player

Suspended
    THE INFO from my post was from THE WALL STREET JOURNAL.
    Is that "authoritative" enough for you? I HEARD IT ON their daily report, and thought others would like to know about it, is all
    SO SHOOT ME.
    Yeah, you "learned" so much from talky, what wasnt wrong was stuff he googled off of the internet, he is so clueless that he doesnt realize simple things, like lens cleaners for
    DVD players (are any other player) are a ripoff.
    I HAVE CAUGHT HIM A FEW TIMES, he just ignores it and mores on.
    He is an arrogant prick that doesnt know half of what he thinks he knows, and as long as
    he is attacking everyone who posts on this site, there won't be hardly anybody on this site.
    As for 3D, its not a "format", IT IS A GIMMICK.
    There are major problems with every version, some are serious physiological effects,
    like severe headaches, nausea, and other problems. Long term problemS?
    NOBODY KNOWS.
    The "shutter" glasses were last tried in the eighties, and where are those now?
    And I DON'T HAVE A "PERSONAL" "thing" with sir talky, he would have to have a personality for that to occur.
    Where is my immature gif? Oh I get it, I'm punished.

Cool

Where is my immature gif? Oh I get it, I'm punished.
    My gifs are not immature, just too far advanced for this crowd.
    But if you insist...
    sub asw2500
    Panny DVDA player
    sharp Aquos BLU player
    Samsung SACD/DVDA player

Cool

My homage to the poultry industry, just imagine the chicken going ...
    500 MILLION, 500 MILLION AND ONE...
    sub asw2500
    Panny DVDA player
    sharp Aquos BLU player
    Samsung SACD/DVDA player

[QUOTE=pixelthis]

No, but a TV like the one you bought, that can't accommodate more than two pairs of glasses at a time...IS.
    Funny, my two sons and I just watched Ice Age a couple of weeks ago. That is three glasses, not just two. One transmitter takes one plug, but can handle mutliple glasses fool!

And has the same problems as shutter glasses, at least more than two can watch.
    THE 3D ON THESE ISNT AS GOOD as with shutters, just a little better than glasses free
    3D, IMHO.
    Worst of all possible worlds
    How do you know stupid, you have never seen a current 3D movie! Real3D would have the same 3D resolution as a shutter based system. IMAX 3D has the same resolution as Real3D just better convergence, and Real3D offers better divergence. All will give you the same resolution.

Of course they are not, once again showing that you are so literal minded that you are probably an expert program running on an old 486 in a closet somewhere under some dirty clothes.
    Toshiba might confuse consumers, is all.
    Lighten up, okay?
    What's confusing stupid, I don't have to wear the glasses? Stop trying to invent problems that don't exist, Toshiba hasn't even released the television yet.

Your "opinion " is just warped. I have been around every form of "3D" that has come out
    since forever, from the red-blue glasses on. I guess what really irritates me is that this
    current "version" is just a rehash of junk that was sold mostly in Japan in the eighties.
    CRAP SQUARED, BASICALLY.
    TV makers must believe in the apocalypse, and that they can sell sets and make money,
    and the end will come before the lawsuits over the physiological problems.
    EVERY TYPE OF 3d CAUSES HEADACHES EVERY ONE.
    Unleashing this junk on the unsuspecting public isnt just stupid, its probably
    criminal
    WANT TO be a lab rat for a bunch of corporate suits with no SCRUPLES
    whatsoever? FINE. leave me out.
    What was sold in Japan was not digital 3D, but film based 3D. There is a difference!

There isn't a dang thing anyone can do about somebody who has eye issues, and cannot view 3D without getting a headache. I don't have eye issues, and therefore do not get headaches from watching 3D. Apparently a lot of folks don't have eye issues because 3D has been doing booming business. A stupid comment without contexted, is still just a stupid comment. You cannot be an unsuspecting public if you are actively seeking out the 3D version of the movie.

You admitted yourself that you have not seen any current 3D movies, so what the hell do you know about anything 3D.

And never will own one, I AM NOT A FOOL.
    And I DON'T NEED TO OWN AN ATOM SMASHER to know how one works, and to know I don't want one in my HOUSE.
    They don't allow atom smashers in cages anyway, so you could never own one in the first place.

In a year or two this crap will be deal, people getting headaches from 3d movie watching in
    the theater arent going to shell out thousands to have headaches at home.
    3D TV
    Bought to you bey the same folks who brought you aspartame, the ford pinto,
    and new coke.
    ENJOY
    People who get headaches in the theater don't go back to see 3D movies, and won't own a 3D set. duh! 3D was here before the pinto, before new coke, and before aspartame.

Already 300,000 people have shelled out money for a 3D set this year only, and with more movies scheduled for release next year(and the technology moving down to mid level priced sets), there is sure to be even more sales next year.

Since digital 3D has been in the theaters since 2003, it has been far longer than two years - and you are already wrong as two left shoes on a man with one right foot. If by now you didn't get headaches, you are not going to get them at home with 3D

What you need to do is shut your stupid mouth on this subject, you don't know a damn thing about anything on the subject, and you have yet to be right about anything period.
    Last edited by Sir Terrence the Terrible; 08-27-2010 at 02:20 PM.
    Sir Terrence

Oppo BDP-103D
    9 Onkyo M-5099 power amp
    9 Onkyo M-510 power amp
    9 Onkyo M-508 power amp
    THX Style Baffle wall

Suspended
    Sony is also working on 3D without glasses, they don't have a release date yet.

I think you would be talking about Michael Jackson's Captain EOm and if I am not mistaken it was the Epcot Theater were it was shown(I am going from memory here!). I think the movie was directed by Francis Ford Coppola and produced by George Lucas.(I could be mistaken though).
    Captain EO reopened at Disneyland back in February, and it apparently returned to all of the other Disney parks this summer as well. Geez, I thought Disney employees were supposed to keep on top of this stuff, while yodeling the theme from Steamboat Willie at the top of the Matterhorn in order to keep their mouse ears!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Captain_EO
    Wooch's Home Theater 2.0 (Pics)
    Panasonic VIERA TH-C50FD18 50" 1080p
    Paradigm Reference Studio 40, CC, and 20 v.2
    Adire Audio Rava (EQ: Behringer Feedback Destroyer DSP1124)
    Yamaha RX-A1030
    Dual CS5000 (Ortofon OM30 Super)
    Sony UBP-X800
    Sony Playstation 3 (MediaLink OS X Server)
    Sony ES SCD-C2000ES
    JVC HR-S3912U
    Directv HR44 and WVB
    Logitech Harmony 700
    iPhone 5s/iPad 3
    Linksys WES610

The Neverending DVD/BD Collection

Subwoofer Setup and Parametric EQ Results *Dead Link*

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Woochifer
    Captain EO reopened at Disneyland back in February, and it apparently returned to all of the other Disney parks this summer as well. Geez, I thought Disney employees were supposed to keep on top of this stuff, while yodeling the theme from Steamboat Willie at the top of the Matterhorn in order to keep their mouse ears!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Captain_EO
    Thats good news, its a great experience.
    Guess Disney was cashing in on the lovefest that was a result of Jackson passing.
    Whatever the reason, its a must see ride.
    sub asw2500
    Panny DVDA player
    sharp Aquos BLU player
    Samsung SACD/DVDA player

Angry

[QUOTE=Sir Terrence the Terrible][QUOTE=pixelthis]

What was sold in Japan was not digital 3D, but film based 3D. There is a difference!
    NOT REALLY,
    just cosmetic ones

There isn't a dang thing anyone can do about somebody who has eye issues, and cannot view 3D without getting a headache. I don't have eye issues, and therefore do not get headaches from watching 3D. Apparently a lot of folks don't have eye issues because 3D has been doing booming business. A stupid comment without contexted, is still just a stupid comment. You cannot be an unsuspecting public if you are actively seeking out the 3D version of the movie.
    Whistling past the graveyard.
    3D in its current incarnation( cobbled together junk from the past) causes headaches
    because it is forcing the brain to do something unnatatural.
    You probably dont have a problem with this, as it would be unnatural for your brain to function.

You admitted yourself that you have not seen any current 3D movies, so what the hell do you know about anything 3D.
    Actually you just assumed that, I NEVER SAID IT.
    3D, whether the current version of earlier ones, is no different.So they use computer tech
    to sync the frames better, big dealio.

They don't allow atom smashers in cages anyway, so you could never own one in the first place.
    AT LEAST I am allowed out of my cage

People who get headaches in the theater don't go back to see 3D movies, and won't own a 3D set. duh! 3D was here before the pinto, before new coke, and before aspartame.
    THANKS for confirming what I said about this rehashed crap tech

Already 300,000 people have shelled out money for a 3D set this year only, and with more movies scheduled for release next year(and the technology moving down to mid level priced sets), there is sure to be even more sales next year.
    Until the problems start cropping up, then there will be lawsuits

Since digital 3D has been in the theaters since 2003, it has been far longer than two years - and you are already wrong as two left shoes on a man with one right foot. If by now you didn't get headaches, you are not going to get them at home with 3D
    Since I AM NOT STUPID ENOUGH to be a corp lab rat, the only "headaches" I GET ARE FROM YOU, SHILL.

What you need to do is shut your stupid mouth on this subject, you don't know a damn thing about anything on the subject, and you have yet to be right about anything period.
    WHAT you need to do is to stop telling others what to do, you are not the boss of me,
    punk.
    I AM RIGHT ABOUT the latest version of the Edsel, and when you and your "sons" are walking around in circles and bumping into things, maybe you will understand a little better, probably not.
    sub asw2500
    Panny DVDA player
    sharp Aquos BLU player
    Samsung SACD/DVDA player

[QUOTE=pixelthis][QUOTE=Sir Terrence the Terrible]

NOT REALLY,
    just cosmetic ones

Whistling past the graveyard.
    3D in its current incarnation( cobbled together junk from the past) causes headaches
    because it is forcing the brain to do something unnatatural.
    You probably dont have a problem with this, as it would be unnatural for your brain to function.

Actually you just assumed that, I NEVER SAID IT.
    3D, whether the current version of earlier ones, is no different.So they use computer tech
    to sync the frames better, big dealio.

AT LEAST I am allowed out of my cage

THANKS for confirming what I said about this rehashed crap tech

Until the problems start cropping up, then there will be lawsuits

Since I AM NOT STUPID ENOUGH to be a corp lab rat, the only "headaches" I GET ARE FROM YOU, SHILL.

WHAT you need to do is to stop telling others what to do, you are not the boss of me,
    punk.
    I AM RIGHT ABOUT the latest version of the Edsel, and when you and your "sons" are walking around in circles and bumping into things, maybe you will understand a little better, probably not.
    I think you hate to be left behind the technological curve like you have been all along. You lie, cajole, and pretend, but you just cannot afford to get anything 3D, so you just try and piss all over all things 3D.

I wouldn't want to boss somebody as stupid as you are - you really give a new meaning to the word. I think you just need to get a job period!
    Sir Terrence

Oppo BDP-103D
    9 Onkyo M-5099 power amp
    9 Onkyo M-510 power amp
    9 Onkyo M-508 power amp
    THX Style Baffle wall

Suspended
    500 MILLION, 500 MILLION AND ONE...
    This is more like Best Buy counting the 3D TVs going out the door.

Cool

This is more like Best Buy counting the 3D TVs going out the door.

AND THE ambulance chasers counting the cases coming in the door, as the
    lab rats (oops, customers!) start feeling the long term effects of watching these things all the time.
    SAME THING happened with color TV, they found out they spewed gamma radiation
    (X-RAYS) in the sixties.
    The electronics industry is the only one that vets the safety of their products by
    selling them with fingers crossed and hoping nothing happens, kinda like the car industry in the fifties. IF FORCING the brain to see a three d image is in fact training it to act
    abnormally, well, thats what lawyers are for.
    NOT SAYING THATS THE CASE, just saying nobody knows.
    THE ELECTRONICS companies must think that the big rock is gonna hit before anything pops up.
    Of course, even if they are okay, some govt parasite or "safety" cockroach is
    salivating at the mouth.
    CIGARETTES only kill five percent of their users, and look at what they did to them.
    Most likely scenario, as customers find out that you get a serious headache after a
    few hours of use, there will be returns, rumors worse than actuality , and this will
    crash and burn like it did all of the other times it has been tried.
    BUT I guess the industry has to try something, tv is getting cheap, the only reason
    they arent in cereal boxes is that the boxes are too small.
    sub asw2500
    Panny DVDA player
    sharp Aquos BLU player
    Samsung SACD/DVDA player

Talking

[QUOTE=Sir Terrence the Terrible][QUOTE=pixelthis][QUOTE=Sir Terrence the Terrible]

I think you hate to be left behind the technological curve like you have been all along. You lie, cajole, and pretend, but you just cannot afford to get anything 3D, so you just try and piss all over all things 3D.
    Not all things, the viewmaster was great.
    And there are some lcd glasses you wear, looks like a 3d image in front of you, but they have
    a big drawback...THEY ARE CHEAP.
    the major problem with 3D in all of its present versions is that they force the brain to extrapolate two fields of view from one, because putting two screens up is impracrtical,
    and probably wont work.
    No matter how computerized and precise, the brain is being forced to do something
    unnatural(like when yours is forced to think) and headaches ensue.
    LETS JUST HOPE thats all they cause

I wouldn't want to boss somebody as stupid as you are - you really give a new meaning to the word. I think you just need to get a job period!
    After the next crash paper pushing parasites such as yourself will have to "get a job",
    nobodies going to pay you to propagandize for "new" products like the rehashed 3D
    standard.
    And I COULD GET A 3d TV if I WANTED, but why pay three grand for a headache
    machine when a marriage license is only a few bucks?
    sub asw2500
    Panny DVDA player
    sharp Aquos BLU player
    Samsung SACD/DVDA player

[QUOTE=pixelthis][QUOTE=Sir Terrence the Terrible][QUOTE=pixelthis]

Not all things, the viewmaster was great.
    And there are some lcd glasses you wear, looks like a 3d image in front of you, but they have
    a big drawback...THEY ARE CHEAP.
    the major problem with 3D in all of its present versions is that they force the brain to extrapolate two fields of view from one, because putting two screens up is impracrtical,
    and probably wont work.
    No matter how computerized and precise, the brain is being forced to do something
    unnatural(like when yours is forced to think) and headaches ensue.
    LETS JUST HOPE thats all they cause

After the next crash paper pushing parasites such as yourself will have to "get a job",
    nobodies going to pay you to propagandize for "new" products like the rehashed 3D
    standard.
    And I COULD GET A 3d TV if I WANTED, but why pay three grand for a headache
    machine when a marriage license is only a few bucks?
    You can lie to yourself, but not anyone else. If you could afford a 3D TV, you wouldn't be using a cheap 42" LCD that doubles as your computer screen. You would not be using a half baked system not capable of resolving a jack hammer sound effect. Hell, after all this time you still haven't learn the art of quoting correctly, and when to use capital letters.

Lie, lie, lie, that is all you do, and know how to do.
    Sir Terrence

Oppo BDP-103D
    9 Onkyo M-5099 power amp
    9 Onkyo M-510 power amp
    9 Onkyo M-508 power amp
    THX Style Baffle wall

Suspended
    Pix, you should do stand up. Too bad about color TV though I would have liked to have seen that.

Cool

[QUOTE=Sir Terrence the Terrible][QUOTE=pixelthis][QUOTE=Sir Terrence the Terrible]

You can lie to yourself, but not anyone else. If you could afford a 3D TV, you wouldn't be using a cheap 42" LCD that doubles as your computer screen. You would not be using a half baked system not capable of resolving a jack hammer sound effect. Hell, after all this time you still haven't learn the art of quoting correctly, and when to use capital letters.

Lie, lie, lie, that is all you do, and know how to do.
    I CAN afford a 3D P.O.S, but I CAN'T afford to throw away money on some gimmick
    that will probably give its users a brain hicky.
    I WAS WORRIED about you cursing the world with your off spring, hoping they would take
    after mom, but they won't be any trouble walking around in circles anyway.
    And my system can too resolve a jack hammer, toolbox murders looked and sounded great on it..
    AT LEAST MY SYSTEM isn't using me as a lab rat.
    sub asw2500
    Panny DVDA player
    sharp Aquos BLU player
    Samsung SACD/DVDA player

Thread Information