Thread: Rocker Bios

Forum Regular

Rocker Bios

A friend and I routinely swap biographies of musicians..............I am currently halfway through "Moon", a detailed book of the Who drummer.........good, so far.

One of the better reads has been Saucerful Of Secrets....................an account of the Pink Floyd members.

Anyone got any favorites to suggest ?

Quote Originally Posted by MasterCylinder

Anyone got any favorites to suggest ?

And the world will turn to flowing pink vapor stew.

3LB
    hiding out in treetops, shouting out rude names
    I'd be shocked if you hadn't read it already, but I liked Hammer Of The Gods, the story of Led Zeppelin. It was good, though it did bog down a tad towards the end.

Bill Bruford and Rick Wakeman both have written an accounting of their musical travels, including their take on Yes. I have heard both these dudes in interviews and if the music thing hadn't worked, both could have been talk show hosts, they're so engaging. Their books are reported to be highly entertaining (I have ordered them). I have read several of Bruford's quips regarding his Yes and they're a hoot.
    Repost this on your wall if you love Jesus.

Forum Regular
    I have read several of Bruford's quips regarding his Yes and they're a hoot.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Agreed............for someone that was a part of THE YES ALBUM, FRAGILE & CLOSE TO THE EDGE (arguably Yes' greatest output) he was the least impressed of all of us !

Thread Information