Forum Regular

Electrical noise - not ground loop - help!

Hi everyone,

I moved into a new apartment in a tower building and I get the worst intermittent buzzing through my system. It's high pitched - much higher than the 60hz ground loop hum - and it's not a specific frequency the way ground loop hum is. It's like an intermittent white noise made up of only the top couple octaves.

Can anyone recommend a fix? Do I need a line conditioner? And if so, what's the cheapest one you think I can get away with? Might there be another product - a non-audio product - that can do the job for a fraction of the price?

Thanks so much!
    -Adam

ps- not that it matters, but someone may ask... speakers:Thiel 3.5, amp:Acurus A250, preamp:NAD 1600, bluray:recent Sony model, projector:Optoma HD20.

pps- I was on this board daily from 2000 to 2004. If anyone from way back when is still around I hope you're doing great these days.

Quote Originally Posted by dmb_fan
    Hi everyone,

I moved into a new apartment in a tower building and I get the worst intermittent buzzing through my system. It's high pitched - much higher than the 60hz ground loop hum - and it's not a specific frequency the way ground loop hum is. It's like an intermittent white noise made up of only the top couple octaves.

Can anyone recommend a fix? Do I need a line conditioner? And if so, what's the cheapest one you think I can get away with? Might there be another product - a non-audio product - that can do the job for a fraction of the price?

Thanks so much!
    -Adam

ps- not that it matters, but someone may ask... speakers:Thiel 3.5, amp:Acurus A250, preamp:NAD 1600, bluray:recent Sony model, projector:Optoma HD20.

pps- I was on this board daily from 2000 to 2004. If anyone from way back when is still around I hope you're doing great these days.

...sounds like you need to clean up your dirty power....Try looking at PS audio

http://www.psaudio.com/ps/products/d...nter?cat=power
    Music...let it into your soul and be moved....with Canton...Pure Music

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    W10 i5 Quad core processor 8GB RAM/Jriver 20/ Fidelizer Optimizer/ iFI Micro DSD DAC-iUSB 3.0/Vincent SA - T1/Vincent SP-331 MK /MMF-7.1/2M BLACK/MS Phenomena ll+/Canton Vento 830.2

Thread Information