AR Newbie Registered Member

5.1 A/V Receiver and Speakers

I am shopping for an A/V Receiver in the $300 to $400 price range and speakers. Units like the Yamaha RXV-467 or the Denon ANR-1610 appear to be "in the ball park" but I really don't know anything about most of the features and specs. Can you offer some recommendations on A/V Receivers?

I also need a set of 5.1 speakers. Because of the configuration of my home, the two rear speakers need to be "in the wall" units. I rather favor Klipsch speakers over Bose, but there are so many Klipsch speakers I don't know where to begin. Can you offer a recommendation?

Thanks! (First time home theater in Charlotte!)

For in walls, i'd recommend parts-express.com. They have some wonderful sounding - inexpensive in walls. I have a few pairs and love 'em. Klipsch over Bose is usually a good choice. Klipsch speakers work well with any type of receiver.

Go to crutchfield.com and type in the receiver you are considering. Even if it's a back model, they usually have tons of information and specs. For that type of money, choose the receiver based on your needs verses power ratings.
    Good luck.

Forum Regular

the attach picture

on the attach picture,the three oil paintings you see on the wall above the flat TV is the front three for the flat panel home theater.

Forum Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by n8485n
    I also need a set of 5.1 speakers. Because of the configuration of my home, the two rear speakers need to be "in the wall" units. I rather favor Klipsch speakers over Bose, but there are so many Klipsch speakers I don't know where to begin. Can you offer a recommendation?

Thanks! (First time home theater in Charlotte!)

Before looking at Klipsch, you need to set a budget after the receiver. Even a rough budget will help you. You can get a complete package for 5.1 from Klipsch or seperate pieces, which make up a set. Depending on the size of the viewing room, I would suggest a power sub instead of passive, it *will* make a difference, but it all depends on the funds available for it.

Looks like from their web site, they may have revamped some of their lines.

Thread Information