Forum Regular

Onkyo TX-SR607 Spring Clip broke

Hello,
    I am sooooooooooo frustrated with this receiver's sickeningly annoying spring clips.. I managed to remove the banana clips from the 4 way wires and put pin connectors but it didn't work and after all the pain, one of the black spring clips came off.. thankfully the plastic part and spring didnt break but it just came off.. I tried to put it back but since the space is too small I couldn't put it back.. Is there any way to fix it?

And please tell me how in the world can I get zone 2 working? I tried bare wires but the wires are too thick for the terminal.

Thanks,
    Dharmesh

Errrr...

I'm confused, I have an Onkyo 607, no spring clips on it that I can see. You sure you got the model number right? Never mind, disregard my post. I see the spring clips for the "front high" business. Didn't even notice em before. Sorry, I only use mine for 5.1 HT, no zone 2. On my Onkyo 905 however Zone 2 only works with analog inputs so I can send my CD player output to a second zone but nothing digital. This might be your problem.

Worf

Vinyl Fundamentalist Forums Moderator poppachubby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by priince
    Hello,
    I tried to put it back but since the space is too small I couldn't put it back.. Is there any way to fix it?

Thanks,
    Dharmesh
    You can buy a replacement for 1.00. Just replace it and put a new one in. Even better, try to fit a banana enclosure so you won't have to monkey around with pins.

Thread Information