U.S. to get best politicians money can buy

I noticed your Supreme Court decision: amazing.

New York Times item

Is this a foretaste of what a rampaging conservative Court will do? Time to kiss all progress and American democracy itself goodbye?

The world has to live with the outcome of U.S. elections. What hope in a world dominated by small minority of super-rich Americans?
    Last edited by Feanor; 01-23-2010 at 06:31 AM.

Super Moderator Site Moderator JohnMichael's Avatar
    Yes I am saddened by that decision. I can only imagine the future elected officials when big business starts throwing money their way. Of course I have often wondered about the idea that the super rich are running the world already.

When the rich become richer and the poor poorer while the middle class disappears how soon before a revolt. Feeling a little pessimistic with the news.
    JohnMichael
    Vinyl Rega Planar 2, Incognito rewire, Deepgroove subplatter, ceramic bearing, Michell Technoweight, Rega 24V motor, TTPSU, FunkFirm Achroplat platter, Michael Lim top and bottom braces, 2 Rega feet and one RDC cones. Grado Sonata, Moon 110 LP phono.
    Digital
    Sony SCD-XA5400ES SACD/cd SID mat, Marantz SA 8001
    Int. Amp Krell S-300i
    Speaker
    Monitor Audio RS6
    Cables
    AQ SPKR and AQ XLR and IC

I put the Gee in Gear.... thekid's Avatar
    A stunning defeat for campaign reform. I do not understand the logic that puts a corporation on the same standing as the voter. The voters (employees) of a corporation already have the right to select the candidates they choose to support with campaign contributions.

As there should be a separation of Church and State there should also be a separation of Business and State. Governments need to be involved in forming business policies but Business (including Labor unions) does not need to be involved in forming Government.
    NAD D3020
    Denon 2910
    Denon DMD 1000
    MSB Link DAC III
    Von Schweikert VR2
    NAD 7240PE
    NAD 5240
    Hughes AK 100
    Tascam 122
    Technics SL 1700
    Rogers BBC Monitors LS3/6

Quote Originally Posted by Feanor
    I noticed your Supreme Court decision: amazing.

New York Times item

Is this a foretaste of what a rampaging conservative Court will do? Time to kiss all progress and American democracy itself goodbye?

The world has to live with the outcome of U.S. elections. What hope in a world dominated by small minority of super-rich Americans?
    Although you're apparently not smart enough to vote for a candidate who didn't have the most corporate financial backing, I think most people are.

M.P.S.E /AES/SMPTE member Sir Terrence the Terrible's Avatar
    The subject of this post should read "the most expensive politicians money can buy". because let's face it, money means the corporations can shout louder than the individual.

So much for (non) activist judges, this changes the entire balance of the game in American politics.
    Sir Terrence

Titan Reference 3D 1080p projector
    200" SI Black Diamond II screen
    Oppo BDP-103D
    Datastat RS20I audio/video processor 12.4 audio setup
    9 Onkyo M-5099 power amp
    9 Onkyo M-510 power amp
    9 Onkyo M-508 power amp
    6 custom CAL amps for subs
    3 custom 3 way horn DSP hybrid monitors
    18 custom 3 way horn DSP hybrid surround/ceiling speakers
    2 custom 15" sealed FFEC servo subs