AR Newbie Registered Member

PC Sound Card Issue

Hello everyone,

I have a quick question regarding my pc sound card. I recently bought a turtle beach reviara and am not exactly happy with the sound quality. I have boss headphones that sound great in everything else I plug them into, but when I use them with my PC everything sounds flat.

Do you think it would be worth while to install audio software (i.e. srs audio sandbox) to try and squeeze more performance out of my card, or should I just save for a more expensive sound card? I'm looking for a cheap solution, if it's out there. Any help would be useful.

You might want to look around in your Turtle Beach software for settings related to choosing the device, such as speakers or headphones and make sure the selected device is headphones. Also...exactly what model headphones do you have and on what devices do they sound good?

Re:

I didn't mess with the sound card on my PC, I used an external DAC that uses a USB input, and then output to an integrated tube amp. The Tube amp really helped add life back in to the music. I paid about $350 for the DAC and amp, so it's not crazy expensive to try external hardware.
    HT system:
    Marantz SR7001 receiver
    Emotiva UPA-2 Amplifier
    Adcom GDV-870 DVD-A/CD player
    Yamaha S1800 DVD/SACD player
    Panasonic DMP-BD60K blu Ray player
    PSB Image series speakes s/s
    Dayton RSS210HF 8" reference sub
    Hitachi 46" HD projector screen

Thread Information