Musicaholic Forums Moderator ForeverAutumn's Avatar

Shadow Circus to donate all January proceeds to Haiti victims

I think this is just a brilliant idea. The band Shadow Circus is donating all proceeds from CD sales to the victims of the Haiti earthquake.

Band member, John, says, "People are going to donate anyway, so we'll just encourage them by giving them a gift to do so, and if they enjoy the CD, even better! "

If you go to their web site you can even hear the whole album before you order it.

Great Sounding Band

Quote Originally Posted by ForeverAutumn
    The band Shadow Circus is donating all proceeds from CD sales to the victims of the Haiti earthquake.

Band member, John, says, "People are going to donate anyway, so we'll just encourage them by giving them a gift to do so, and if they enjoy the CD, even better! "

If you go to their web site you can even hear the whole album before you order it.
    There's a track by them on the disk that comes with Classic Rock's fifth issue of their Prog magazine on the disk Prognosis 5. The band sounds really good.

I've just found out that if you order this CD, you can also get the download version to listen to while waiting for your CD to arrive.

"This promotion has been going extremely well!

For those who ordered the physical CD, but wish to take advantage of downloading the digital version at no charge while they wait 9especially helpful for orders shipping outside of the USA which may take a while), simply reply to the order confirmation email and request it, and a coupon code will be issued for your download version..."

Never heard of the band, but what a tragedy.

I don't watch 60 Minutes often, but caught part of it Sunday night and they were showing some horrific scenes that that turned my stomach. If you watched, you know of what I speak.
    I call my bathroom Jim instead of John so I can tell people that I go to the Jim first thing every morning.

If you say the word 'gullible' very slowly it sounds just like oranges.

You won't like this band Swish. The music is much too complex for your simple tastes. Skip the CD purchase and just donate your money.

P.S. I hope the move went/is going well.

Just in case you thought that you'd blown your chance to make a donation to a worthy cause and get some free tunes in the process...fear not! The band is quite pleased with the response so far and has extended the offer to February 15th.

Order the CD! It's only $11.99 plus shipping (or $7.99 for download) and the $11.99 goes to Haiti. What are you waiting for???

Here's the link again. http://www.shadowcircusmusic.com/

Bought the Shadows and Screams album, and I'm loving it. I've been listening to it most of this week. It's pretty mainstream, but well done. Lots of good playing and lots of melody.

Waiting for the disk, but they sent me the download version after I requested it. Thanks, FA, for letting me know about that.

Highly recommended.

Shadow Circus Video w/ Twilight Zone

From Shadow Circus E-Mail:

Willoughby Video
    We recently found that a fan posted a home-made video of Willoughby using footage from the legendary Twilight Zone episode that inspired the song. While this is not something the band produced, we found it fun, and would be especially interesting for fans of the song who are not familiar with the imspiration behind it. View the video at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wgoP0-7dbIg.

Worth watching for the condensed Twilight Zone episode. I forgot how great that show was.

My disk arrived yesterday and after two spins...it's excellent. It's actually not as proggy as I thought it would be and there are some really nice tunes on here. In fact, I'd even go out on a limb and say that Swish might not hate all of it.

This is definately worth a listen. The musicianship is very good. There is some really nice piano and acoustic guitar, and some really interesting percussion. Every song stands out on it's own merits. I'm totally digging it.

Thread Information