ADCOM & CARVER IN HARMONY Registered Member

Why Would Amazon Bundle This?

Hi guys im new to the forum but not to audio been a long time member of AudioKarma and TheCarverSite forums.

Now Correct me if I am wrong...

Amazon is saying that the SONY BDP-S300 Blu-Ray Player is Frequently Bought Together with the PS3 BD Remote!!

See for yourselves:
    http://www.amazon.com/Sony-BDP-S300-...sr=8-1-catcorr

As far as I know I thought the BD remote for the PS3 was only for the PS3 can anyone else chime in on this.

I was looking to buy the BD remote for the PS3 and somehow I ended looking at the BDP-S300 being sold with the PS3 BD Remote!

Best Regards

Bryan

Forum Regular
    No idea. Probably a mistake on Amazon's part. As far as I can tell, you can't use that remote to control anything but the PS3.

Suspended
    I don't recommend the PS3 remote. I have one and it's very annoying. Whenever you touch a button it turns on the PS3. If I'm moving the remote from one pace to another and accidentally hit the button the PS3 turns on. If I toss the remote and a button is pressed, it turns on. If it's in the couch and a button is pressed, it turns on. I'm not sure if it's because its Bluetooth, or what.

What's more annoying, is I have the PS3 connected through my receiver, so when it turns on, I have to power up the receiver, switch the receiver's source and switch the source on the TV. ArrrrGGGHhhh!!! Sometimes, I can get the correct buttons and timing right and turn it off without the receiver, but more times than not I have to power everything up. There has to be a better remote.

Forum Regular
    I agree the remote is touchy, but I love the bluetooth connectiivity. You could have your PS3 stored in a cabinet, and still operate it with the remote (or a regularl controller or whatever). You just have to be careful where you leave it. I leave mine in a little remote basket we have, and I'm just careful to not stack other remotes onto it. No issues.

Interesting, I never have that problem with my BR remote and I got two kids running around

I actually don't use it often, maybe when streaming music.

If you have a Harmony, you can purchase the Nyko Bluwave remote to control your PS3 with the Harmony. The USB/IR receiver plugs into the PS3 and the commands are already available in the Logitech database. I programmed my Harmony and it can control every function on the PS3 except power on. Been doing it that way for years now. I haven't tried the PS3/Bluetooth adapter since the Nyko works just fine for me and is a lot cheaper.

Just a thought.

Question Sony Bdp-s550 Remote To "operate" Ps-3 ??

Question?? is It possible to use the Sony BDP-S 550 remote to configure the menu of the PS-3 ?? for Movie , Sound, CDs ect.

I need help with this Question...because i ended up with two of the 550 clickers".......-
    and I need to FedEx one to a Friend in Orlando who has a PS-3 (with no controller
    or remote) he is not a gamer" however he loves the unit.

L.J", Sir T the T", Kex", others"
    Thanks Win.
    Chet Baker-Trumpet
    Pepper Adams-Baritone Sax
    Herbie Mann-Flute
    Bill Evans-Piano
    Paul Chambers-Bass & Connie Kay-Drums
    (....ALONE TOGETHER....) DEC. 30 1958
    produced by...Orrin Keepnews...

Quote Originally Posted by winston
    Question?? is It possible to use the Sony BDP-S 550 remote to configure the menu of the PS-3 ?? for Movie , Sound, CDs ect.

I need help with this Question...because i ended up with two of the 550 clickers".......-
    and I need to FedEx one to a Friend in Orlando who has a PS-3 (with no controller
    or remote) he is not a gamer" however he loves the unit.

L.J", Sir T the T", Kex", others"
    Thanks Win.
    PS3 is bluetooth only. He would need the controller, compatible BR remote or the mentioned IR to USB receiver/remote combo.

Quote Originally Posted by L.J.
    PS3 is bluetooth only. He would need the controller, compatible BR remote or the mentioned IR to USB receiver/remote combo.
    Thanks L.J... Man" for your response, I was kind of hoping to save the Brother" some money! but blue tooth it is.... I'll let him know that he has to get the BR remote as It's most likely gonna be the cheaper option.
    Chet Baker-Trumpet
    Pepper Adams-Baritone Sax
    Herbie Mann-Flute
    Bill Evans-Piano
    Paul Chambers-Bass & Connie Kay-Drums
    (....ALONE TOGETHER....) DEC. 30 1958
    produced by...Orrin Keepnews...

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by L.J.
    I can beat that, a salesman at Circuit City sold my friend a Harmony Remote, swearing up and down that it would work with ps3.
    I explained to him that it wouldn't.
    Cant understand why they went outta business!
    LG 42", integra 6.9, B&W 602s2, CC6 center, dm305rears, b&w
    sub asw2500
    Panny DVDA player
    sharp Aquos BLU player
    pronto remote, technics antique direct drive TT
    Samsung SACD/DVDA player
    emotiva upa-2 two channel amp

Thread Information