Aging Smartass

Vibrapods and Vibracones - Again.

I previously posted (perhaps under the wrong category) how delighted I was with the performance of the combination of Vibrapods and Vibracones that I purchased primarily to use under my turntable to eliminate acoustic feedback. Not only did they work splendidly in that respect, but they so improved the overall sound of anything played on the turntable that I placed them under other components to see if they did anything there, and found the same results with my SACD player and preamp. And so, I bought more of them -LOTS more!

AT $6 per Vibrapod and $8 per Vibracone, the costs are unbelievably low for an audiophile "tweak," but after purchasing 14 Vibracones and 16 Vibrapods, my total expenditure was $208, plus shipping. While $208 isn't insubstantial, it's a pittance considering the enormous level of improvement these devices make in my system.

That which surprised me the most was using two Vibracones under the front of my Dahlqusit DQ-10's to tilt them upwards, for which I had previously been using metal cones with spiked tips. (I tried using four Vibracones under the speakers, but they kept falling over.) The improvement was almost startling: while not losing any clarity or detail, the speaker now has a much, much "warmer" sound, and is far more pleasing to listen to, especially for extended periods.

I have a combination of four Vibrapods and Vibracones under my turntable, SACD player and preamp. I have four Vibrpods only under my phono preamp, and the two Vibracones under the leading edge of my speakers. Overall, the sound is so greatly imrproved it's almost as if I bought a new component somewhere along the chain, and certainly far greater than I could expect from having spent just slightly over $200! The improvements are primarily greater detail, better stereo imaging, and greatly improved bass reponse.

It's no wonder the Vibrapods have been so enthusiastically praised by both Stereophile and The Absolute Sound. I'm not sure what either publication has had to say about the Vibracones, but at least in my experience, the combination of the two works best..

For the time being, I'm very, very satisfied with the sound of my system. That is until the "new & improved" Vibrapods are released....
    Last edited by emaidel; 11-15-2009 at 05:15 AM.

Vinyl Fundamentalist Forums Moderator poppachubby's Avatar
    I am enjoying mine too emaidel. I have one set under my HK T35C. The DIY pads that I made are working wonders, so I never bothered to order more. After a few more essential purchases, I will finish off my gear with some more pods.

just saw this thread. Very happy to hear about the great sound both of you are experiencing with the elevations of your systems via the vibrapods or your DIY contraptions. I too and experiencing great sound from my DIY elevations.

frenchmon
    Music...let it into your soul and be moved....with Canton...Pure Music

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    W10 i5 Quad core processor 8GB RAM/Jriver 20/ Fidelizer Optimizer/ iFI Micro DSD DAC-iUSB 3.0/Vincent SA - T1/Vincent SP-331 MK /MMF-7.1/2M BLACK/MS Phenomena ll+/Canton Vento 830.2

Vinyl Fundamentalist Forums Moderator poppachubby's Avatar
    How about some pics Frenchy!?!

Isolation Feet for Turntable

Thread Information