Vinyl Fundamentalist Forums Moderator poppachubby's Avatar

How about we look at These

i have right now these physik gaudi. they are ok i guess cuz my dad got them for me with all of my allowances for the resrt of my life added up at once. i used to have awesome FP speakers they have lots of bass and sound awesome. i got rid of them because the physiks look better but no have awesome mid range like FP do. should i keep my physiks or sell them and get FP? it come with record player too which i guess is ok i can sell.

Hmmm, you haven't got it down completely. I little more practise is in order me thinks

A for effort though

so what you are saying is FP sound good with practice. i know that my cousin along time ago had these and put them on his table. they wouldn't fit anywhere else and they sound good, lots of bass for professional. also at a concert i see FP by Metallica, they sound good. do you think if i sell physiks i can buy FP without practice?

and i read that FP has 5 star bass and 4 star nid range so thats good for speaker. when i had them they sound good on my table but treble too much. not so much on FP ll-12 which i had for a while before phiysiks.

Super Moderator Site Moderator JohnMichael's Avatar
    Let us not spoof those less capable than ourselves.
    JohnMichael
    Vinyl Rega Planar 2, Incognito rewire, Deepgroove subplatter, ceramic bearing, Michell Technoweight, Rega 24V motor, TTPSU, FunkFirm Achroplat platter, Michael Lim top and bottom braces, 2 Rega feet and one RDC cones. Grado Sonata, Moon 110 LP phono.
    Digital
    Sony SCD-XA5400ES SACD/cd SID mat, Marantz SA 8001
    Int. Amp Krell S-300i
    Speaker
    Monitor Audio RS6
    Cables
    AQ SPKR and AQ XLR and IC

This could actually be quite funny if we all put a little into it and all pretend to be on the same level of as the man (or boy as he calls himself). I shouldn't take a piss but allright.

yes I have practised a lot with FP and they sound even better when you practise. the FP look really cool and seems to have lots of bass for the size. i heard them once in a shop and they had crispy clear highs and nice mids and lots of bass forsure, espcially because they have 2" woofers and not 1" like the the another speaker i heard aswell but the 1" had nice highs forsure. I have been a FP fan boy for very long time.

Chicago IL
    Nice Fishers! Never saw something like that!

Quote Originally Posted by JohnMichael
    It's only light spoofing and at this stage quite harmless I should think

Very well John, I couldn't resist...

True nonetheless.

How about those Physik Gaudi? Look like a monster of a speaker!

My first stereo a GE with the drop down record player and the detachable side speakers. I think it had as much plastic as the FP. With all the new interest in vinyl maybe they will make them again for kids.
    JohnMichael
    Vinyl Rega Planar 2, Incognito rewire, Deepgroove subplatter, ceramic bearing, Michell Technoweight, Rega 24V motor, TTPSU, FunkFirm Achroplat platter, Michael Lim top and bottom braces, 2 Rega feet and one RDC cones. Grado Sonata, Moon 110 LP phono.
    Digital
    Int. Amp Krell S-300i
    Speaker
    Monitor Audio RS6
    Cables

I had the more deluxe version with detachable speakers.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    JohnMichael
    Digital
    Int. Amp Krell S-300i
    Speaker
    Monitor Audio RS6
    Cables

I had the more deluxe version with detachable speakers.

Deluxe indeed. My dad had a couple of Califone portable reference tables. One never quite worked properly and so became mine. I remember how god awful Billie Jean sounded from it, but it was mine and I loved it. Men at Work, Culture Club and Wham also got spins....oh to be 7 again.

These speakers are retarded and cost around 250K USD. Has anyone heard anything like these being demo'd at a show or convention?

Quote Originally Posted by poppachubby
    Deluxe indeed. My dad had a couple of Califone portable reference tables. One never quite worked properly and so became mine. I remember how god awful Billie Jean sounded from it, but it was mine and I loved it. Men at Work, Culture Club and Wham also got spins....oh to be 7 again.

These speakers are retarded and cost around 250K USD. Has anyone heard anything like these being demo'd at a show or convention?

I could send you my copy of Wham. Now I only listen to it in the bathroom.
    JohnMichael
    Digital
    Int. Amp Krell S-300i
    Speaker
    Monitor Audio RS6
    Cables

I could send you my copy of Wham. Now I only listen to it in the bathroom.

I find this disturbing. You are diminishing my innocent childhood memories. Hey check it out, I can't be certain about the model but am quite sure this is it. I should check Ebay and get my kid one. I bought him a Sesame St. LP today, old 70's disco.

Here it is, he loves it...

I find this disturbing. You are diminishing my innocent childhood memories. Hey check it out, I can't be certain about the model but am quite sure this is it. I should check Ebay and get my kid one. I bought him a Sesame St. LP today, old 70's disco.

Here it is, he loves it...

The Muppets are celebrating 40 years. Speaking of quality ttables I received the ceramic bearing today.
    JohnMichael
    Digital
    Int. Amp Krell S-300i
    Speaker
    Monitor Audio RS6
    Cables

The Muppets are celebrating 40 years. Speaking of quality ttables I received the ceramic bearing today.
    Sorry I know we talked about this but remind me. Are you hoping for sonic improvements or is it just a mechanical upgrade? Are you installing it?

Charm Thai™
    Nice...I still have that Sesame Street Fever record from when i was little.

Sorry I know we talked about this but remind me. Are you hoping for sonic improvements or is it just a mechanical upgrade? Are you installing it?

Yes I am installing it. Or should I say dropping it down the bearing well. I remove the subplatter then I remove the ruby bearing I am currently using. I will try to remove much of the old oil. put a drop or two down the well and drop the bearing. Then add some more oil and replace the subplatter. I found the ceramic bearing on E-bay and since I am unemployed, unloved and bored I thought I would try it. No real expectations other than one more tweak to try on the Rega.

http://cgi.ebay.com/CERAMIC-BEARING-...item27abe448ac
    JohnMichael
    Digital
    Int. Amp Krell S-300i
    Speaker
    Monitor Audio RS6
    Cables

I found the ceramic bearing on E-bay and since I am unemployed, unloved and bored I thought I would try it. No real expectations other than one more tweak to try on the Rega.

....cue music. ( Loud, friendly voice) The Ceramic Bearing. When your life just can't get any worse, choose Ceramic Bearing to ease the pain......aaaaand fade music.

Thread Information