Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Dustin Broke is hot!!! SpankingVanillaice's Avatar

Post Ok lets lay them out

Ok guys I need you guys to tell me this but I need to know is which speakers out of the list is overall the best speakers. These are the speakers I' am trying to decide to buy but need help on deciding. Also the speakers I listed are the ones avalible on Ebay or Amazon.com. There are other speakers that I am interested in but are not for sale or no longer in stock and those speaker models are not listed. Also there are some I can't afford that I didn't list.

JBL Tour from Venue Series

JBL N26 I currently own but is on Ebay for auction. Can cancel if it's the best.

JBL N28

JBL HLS610

Sony SS-F5000

JBL E20

JBL Monitor from Venue Series

JBL ES10
    Dallas's Forums

MORE THAN JUST DINOSAURS!!!

I will update the speaker list if I find more that I' am interested in. But so far these are the models I' am interested in and that I can afford.

Thanks
    Dallas's Forums

Ajani
    Jbl E20

Whats your obsession with JBL? They were well respected many years ago but not now in the US.
    Pass Labs X250 amp, BAT Vk-51se Preamp,
    Thorens TD-145 TT, Bellari phono preamp, Nagaoka MP-200 Cartridge
    Magnepan QR1.6 speakers
    Luxman DA-06 DAC
    Van Alstine Ultra Plus Hybrid Tube DAC
    Dual Martin Logan Original Dynamo Subs
    Parasound A21 amp
    Vintage Luxman T-110 tuner
    Magnepan MMG's, Grant Fidelity DAC-11, Class D CDA254 amp
    Monitor Audio S1 speakers, PSB B6 speakers
    Vintage Technic's Integrated amp
    Music Hall 25.2 CDP
    Adcom GFR 700 AVR
    Cables- Cardas, Silnote, BJC
    Velodyne CHT 8 sub

Well it seems so far one person says E20 but I can only find the closest to that is the Monitor from Venue Series on Amazon.com. I would like to know what made you choose the E20 instead of the Monitor? Is the E20 a better speakers even specs are the same? Just wondering.
    Dallas's Forums

About why I' am a JBL fan is since I know that JBL is one of the best brands on professional gear for recording studios, concerts, theaters etc. Also EV is a high end brand too for professionals. My dad told me JBL and EV is the best for speakers and I do agree that they sound amazing. I can't really afford EV but I see alot of JBL speakers that are affordable if they are used or so and I just like certain kinds of JBL speakers like the ones listed.
    Dallas's Forums

JBL made very good home speakers years ago SVI, but in the present they cater to low end home theater. I don't doubt that they make great professional equipment, but that does not translate to good speakers for the every day consumer. Sorry to burst your bubble. I'm not saying that they are total junk, I'm sure that they are decent at your price range but there are many other brands that are better that you are totally closed to considering.

Good luck in what ever you decide!
    Magnepan QR1.6 speakers
    Luxman DA-06 DAC
    Parasound A21 amp
    Music Hall 25.2 CDP
    Adcom GFR 700 AVR
    Velodyne CHT 8 sub

Quote Originally Posted by Ajani
    Jbl E20
    Agreed

I do remember that the HLS610 was in an audio magazine so I thought those were great speakers but I guess it seems you guys are saying E20 is the best so far. But maybe others would say different but I am just seeing what people will say the most. Either way just wondering but what is the difference between the Venue Monitor and the E20? I only see is the looks but just wondering if there is a difference in the two.
    Dallas's Forums

Just wondering but was there a problem on the Monitor speakers that the E20 didn't have?
    Dallas's Forums

Yeah I would tend to agree with everyone hear on the JBL thing. They arent bad for the money but there are many brands out there that are of better quality that could be had at affordable prices and probably not much more than the JBL's you have been looking at. Paradigm, Axiom, PSB, are just 3 of many brands of speakers out there that make affordable models that are supperior to any of the speakers you mentioned above and you will see that I have a JBL product in my system and it wasn't bad for the money spent but the amp Just blown up in it last week and I am in the process of changing subwoofers. And yes they do make some damn good pro sound stuff but they have come up short in the home audio department in the last few years.

Marantz SR5008(HT)
    Nu Force P8 Preamp (2 channel)
    Pass Labs X150.5(2 channel)
    Adcom 545 mk2 power amp(rear channel amp)
    Spatial Audio M3 Turbo S Mains Speakers
    Dayton 8" HO custom sealed subwoofer(2 channel)
    Yamaha NS-c444 center channel
    Emotiva ERD-1 surround speakers
    JBL e250p subwoofer highly modified
    Samsung 46" LED TV
    OPPO BDP-83 blue ray/multi format player
    ps-audio NuWave dac (2 channel)
    Dell I660 music server running fidelizer windows 8 audio optimizer
    PS Audio Quintet power center

The E20's are hard to find. The Venue Monitors are the replacements for the E20's. Same speaker, higher price.
    WARNING! - The Surgeon General has determined that, time spent listening to music is not deducted from one's lifespan.

Vinyl Fundamentalist Forums Moderator poppachubby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SpankingVanillaice
    JBL is one of the best brands on professional gear for recording studios, concerts, theaters etc.
    Hahahahhaha, even as a fan of JBL this made me chuckle.

At the risk of throwing a spanner in, SVI, I think you oughta just lay off the speakers for awhile and buy a nice set of headphones. You can crank the music up pretty hard and you can become more familiar to what you like about the sound that making a future decision on speakers will be easier.

Auricaurical, duck! That spanner that you threw in there just bounced off
    his head and is heading straight back at you!
    Magnepan QR1.6 speakers
    Luxman DA-06 DAC
    Parasound A21 amp
    Music Hall 25.2 CDP
    Adcom GFR 700 AVR
    Velodyne CHT 8 sub

Whoa, there....!

Careful with that axe, Eugene!
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    "The great tragedy of science--the slaying of a beautiful hypothesis by an ugly fact."--T. Huxley

Ok I don't know if you guys will get upset about this but I just been getting really tried of changing speakers and I have decided to get the Sony SRS-ZX1 speaker system that normal costs $400 but I got them for $197 with shipping. I really liked these speakers but I sold them 2 years agao and I lost alot of money since I only sold them for $40. This time I' am going to keep these and hopfully they will last a long time without problem. I basicaly found this great deal online and it's brand new not used. I guess these speakers are like the Bose MusicMonitor but just a little bigger. But they have amazing sound for there size I mean it sounds like a speaker that is more than twice its size. I just never heard such a small speaker like the Sony SRS-ZX1 or the Bose MusicMonitor have soo much low end for there size. I can say no wonder they are expensive. But I guess you get what you pay for.
    Dallas's Forums

I never owned the Bose MusicMonitor since they are just too expensive and you can't find any better deal on Bose speakers I notice for somereason. But I heard the Bose from a Apple store in Omaha, NE and they did sound really like the Sony SRS-ZX1 speakers so I thought why would I pay $400 when I can get the same sound for $197 with shipping? But ya the Bose was much more compact but the Sonys were good enough for me.
    Dallas's Forums

I give up.
    WARNING! - The Surgeon General has determined that, time spent listening to music is not deducted from one's lifespan.

Careful with that axe, Eugene!

Was that off of the very first Pink Floyd Album?

frenchmon

Thanks for proving the point I was trying to make in your other thread.

What point were you proving? That I' am weird??? I hope you guys are not going to start that mean stuff again just after I talked about this. I kinda wonder how many times do I have to explain about myself since I have already like at least 4 times in the past 4 years. I maybe have said it differently that time but still basicaly trying to make you guys be nice to me and to understand me better.
    Dallas's Forums

Quote Originally Posted by SpankingVanillaice
    What point were you proving? That I' am weird??? I hope you guys are not going to start that mean stuff again just after I talked about this. I kinda wonder how many times do I have to explain about myself since I have already like at least 4 times in the past 4 years. I maybe have said it differently that time but still basicaly trying to make you guys be nice to me and to understand me better.
    Ironic isn't it?

I somereason feel this but I feel that you guys wish I never joined this forums. Now I might be wrong but seeing how many times you have been mean to me it just seems that way. Maybe I need to make a new screen name and start over or something. Since it seems like you guys don't really like me or how I' am. Btw I do appreciate you guys trying to help me decide on the speakers I' am thinking about but it is after all up to me on what I want and what sound I like to hear. I just like getting feedbacks on certain speakers and see what they have to say about them but as you know it's up to me if I want them or not.

I mean the $400 speakers can't be bad since they aren't cheap and also they have amazing sound for there size. Ya of cource they aren't going to shake the walls but I mean for a small speaker it's amazing. Plus I finaly found the best deal I can get these for.

But I wonder why I can't find any better deals on the Bose MusicMonitor speakers. I somereason found a great deal on the Sony ones but for the Bose I can't find any all sell them for $399.95. I really wonder why?
    Dallas's Forums

Also I' am very picky on speakers unlike most people so until I find a speaker that I like I keep selling and trying and get feedbacks on the items I' am interested in. I just today found this great deal on the Sonys that's why I didn't list them on my speaker list. I thought this was my chance and I got them today at 6:36 AM Central Time Zone.

Of cource it will probley be next week when I get them since I choose UPS ground and also they said they won't send it to UPS until 2 days later.
    Dallas's Forums

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information