I put the Gee in Gear.... thekid's Avatar

The little golf cart that could...must see!!

Hey if you were looking for a sports car save yourself some coin and go with the smart car.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vExpE...eature=related

Wtf????

You got to be chitin' me!!!! But I guess what they say is right. Power to weight!!!!

Da Worfster

Last time we went to Germany, my wife and I saw our first Smart. It's a great city car: it's easy to maneuver and you can park it on a dime. It's really a blast of a car and we want one so badly we can hardly stand it....Who knows, though? We might have to curb our enthusiasm and settle for a Ferrari.

Musicaholic Forums Moderator ForeverAutumn's Avatar
    That Smart car has obviously been souped up. We've had them in Canada for a few years now. They're great to get around the city, but I wouldn't take one on the highway. Standard engine is 3-cylinder, 70 hp, with a maximum speed of 145km/hr.

Pros: Good on gas, easy to find parking.
    Cons: Can't fit a golf bag or guitar case in it.

I put the Gee in Gear.... thekid's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ForeverAutumn
    That Smart car has obviously been souped up. We've had them in Canada for a few years now. They're great to get around the city, but I wouldn't take one on the highway. Standard engine is 3-cylinder, 70 hp, with a maximum speed of 145km/hr.

Pros: Good on gas, easy to find parking.
    Cons: Can't fit a golf bag or guitar case in it.
    It was modified with I believe a Hayabausa motorcycle engine which for the power/weight ratio of a Smart Car makes it a giant killer though probably only over short distances. I was talking to someone who saw one crash tested at the IIHS facility and he said on the off-set collision test (45-miles mph slightly of center into a concrete barrier) it did amazingly well because of its use of HSS and UHSS in certain places around the passenger cage. The downside was that it "bounced" a good ways away from the wall. So while the airbags and other a equipment might help protect during the inital impact there is good chance you are toast as you get smacked around like a ping-pong ball in a lottery machine. Limited to city driving where speeds are low and compact cars are the norm you might do alright.

As for the car in the video you might be able to impress the girls after smoking the Ferrari but you won't be able to get them in the car to take them home.....

Still, it would be fun to take to the track and watch a few jaws drop...

I expect with these cars, one would need to mindful of weight distribution. If one of the occupants was quite heavier than the other, it's conceivable the car would do endless do-nuts before it got anywhere.

Thread Information