Car stereo (it's portable to a point haha)

So i'm going to buy a new car stereo for my truck and am wondering what brand should I get? It has to be iPod compatible, play CD's, FM and AM tuner. Preferably have a usb and AUX input. And 225$ or below I can spend some more money if it really is required but im not that worried about sound quality. In really want more bang for your buck in this scenario. Thank you in advance

Suspended
    I don't know about price but I like Alpine. Sony and JVC usually offer some good prices per feature. I haven't looked at particular models in a long time, you might browse www.crutchfield just to compare several brands to one another.

ok, thank you!

Music Lover
    In my experience, there are only two options for the car stereo head unit. Pioneer or Alpine. I've had just about every brand over the years in my cars and all of them have proven to be duds, that I regretted spending money on.
    Alpine has a slightly better sound quality. Since you said you don't care about that, then Pioneer is probably your best option then. Just find the model(s) with the required features and then wait until you find that unit at your required price.

If you really don't care about the sound quality, see if your manufacturer makes a stock radio with the features you seek. Then buy a used one which will be somewhere below $50. Whether it's 5 days old or 5 years old.

Good Luck.
    Rudy

thank you again!

Forum Regular
    Alpine is my preference. However, the Ipod cable is typically not included in the price. I think it runs $45.

Pioneer typically includes the cable and is more user friendly. Just check what's included.

Alpine definitely sounds better.

Kenwood Excelon fan here. Take it from a guy who sold them for years and installed more than I want to remember!

Thread Information