Vinyl Fundamentalist Forums Moderator poppachubby's Avatar

Review Section of AR

I have been trying for 12 hours to post a review and it keeps giving me a message of "currently unable".. What gives???

Pops, this whole site needs a complete ground up, frame off restoration.
    Back in my day, we had nine planets.

...hmmmm i see, as long as I know it's not me...guess I'll keep tryin, thanks Blues

Suspended
    Quote Originally Posted by Luvin Da Blues
    Pops, this whole site needs a complete ground up, frame off restoration.
    Does that include posting Adverts? I have been unable to figure out how to post a classified. I can get to the page but find nothing to post.

what product are you trying to post a review too? you can also PM me the review and I can post it for you -

There are some corrupt products in the database but it is impossible to find them unless you run across them one at a time.

please let me know and i will try to fix.

classifieds:

to place a classifieds there should be a link in the classifieds section at: http://classifieds.audioreview.com

make sure you are logged in - it is a different URL and sometimes browsers will not transfer the login.

once logged in look for a link that says "place an ad" http://classifieds.audioreview.com/index.php

that should take you to this link here: http://classifieds.audioreview.com//uploadproduct.php

follow the steps from that point.

thanks
    - adam

Quote Originally Posted by Hyfi
    Does that include posting Adverts? I have been unable to figure out how to post a classified. I can get to the page but find nothing to post.
    Hyfi, can't help out there, I'm just regurgitating what I've seen and what people have commented on here. The other forums I visit seem to have a lot less complaints 'bout these kinda things. Of course we seem to have the best forum members here, that's why I still stick around these parts.
    Back in my day, we had nine planets.

Adam...AKG K240S...only 3 reviews and one is negative...I must post and help the cause! Let me know on this thread how to proceed after you've reviewed the situation. Big thanks....Chubbs

Hey - your review was there but the user email address could not be verified so the review was not automatically posted.

here is a link to check: http://www.audioreview.com/cat/headp...288527crx.aspx

Thanks
    -adam

Ya sorry Adam, thanks for your help. Just like GI Joe, now I know, and knowing is half the battle...

Just reviewed another product with no issue. Thanks again Adam...

Suspended
    Quote Originally Posted by atomicAdam
    what product are you trying to post a review too? you can also PM me the review and I can post it for you -

There are some corrupt products in the database but it is impossible to find them unless you run across them one at a time.

please let me know and i will try to fix.

classifieds:

to place a classifieds there should be a link in the classifieds section at: http://classifieds.audioreview.com

make sure you are logged in - it is a different URL and sometimes browsers will not transfer the login.

once logged in look for a link that says "place an ad" http://classifieds.audioreview.com/index.php

that should take you to this link here: http://classifieds.audioreview.com//uploadproduct.php

follow the steps from that point.

thanks
    - adam
    I never see any link to post an add and when I use your link, there is no way to go past step 1.

Could this be a Firefox thing? Everything else works with Firefox.

I never see any link to post an add and when I use your link, there is no way to go past step 1.

Could this be a Firefox thing? Everything else works with Firefox.

You don't see this link circled on your screen with logged in and on the classifieds?

I'm using FF and just changed my user account from Admin to Reg User and still see it.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Suspended
    Quote Originally Posted by atomicAdam
    You don't see this link circled on your screen with logged in and on the classifieds?

I'm using FF and just changed my user account from Admin to Reg User and still see it.
    I have on left My Ads and My Watchlist
    On right I have Home-Search-Member List-Profile

That is both Firefox as well as IE.

I have on left My Ads and My Watchlist
    On right I have Home-Search-Member List-Profile

That is both Firefox as well as IE.
    Weird - ok - This isn't the 1st time there was there problem - but that was solved with a link. I'll try to figure out though.

Thanks
    -adam

Forum Regular
    As Luvin da blues said, the review section needs work and some rules. If a product has 0 reviews it shouldn't be listed. There is no value in lists of products with brief descriptions and photo. You can scroll through a whole page sometimes with no reviews.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill K Davis
    As Luvin da blues said, the review section needs work and some rules. If a product has 0 reviews it shouldn't be listed. There is no value in lists of products with brief descriptions and photo. You can scroll through a whole page sometimes with no reviews.
    ...indeed, what I find equally disturbing, is the fact that someone takes the time to upload products onto the review section with no intention of reviewing. Worse, they probably don't even own said product. Strange hobby...it definitely clutters things up needlessly...

Forum Regular

Retail

I have always suspected those are retailers.

I encourage all of you to write reviews and report bad ones if you find them.

There are a lot of different products out there from a lot of different small manufacturers. I agree this is a lot of clutter, and there are actually plans to clean it up, but waiting for engineering slot to open up to get it coded.

Welp....

Add reviews for every bit of new gear I've got. Love being part of the process.

Da Worfster

Thread Information