3LB
    hiding out in treetops, shouting out rude names

New Artic Monkeys

I heard a few off the new one today, and I must say I found the new songs to be engaging. I wasn't bowled over by the first two as they were somewhat typical indie-punk pastiche ala Green Day. Here, the frenetic riffing of past albums is replaced by atmospherics and grooves. I like it, which prolly means its a critical disaster
    Repost this on your wall if you love Jesus.

Musicaholic Forums Moderator ForeverAutumn's Avatar
    I thought that their first album was decent enough and enjoyed it enough to take a chance on their second album, which was much, much better IMO.

I didn't know that they had a new album out, so thanks for posting about it. Based on their second album, I'll likely take a chance on picking the new one up. I'm intriqued by your comments. Atmospheric and Groove are not really words that I would associate with this band so far.

3LB
    hiding out in treetops, shouting out rude names
    Atmospheric and Groove are not really words that I would associate with this band so far.
    According to the rekkid store clerk, one of the guys from Queens Of The Stone Age (and formerly of Kyuss) produced the album (I don't remember who he said though). I only heard about four songs, and it seemed less punkified than other songs I've heard from them. Maybe I was just a tad biased against them when they first came out because they were branded the saviours of rock (not unlike a half-dozen others) by the print media.
    Repost this on your wall if you love Jesus.

42 Regular
    I saw most of their set at Lollapalooza a couple of weeks ago, and enjoyed it. I assume it was mostly newer songs. The crowd liked it a lot, too.

But then again, we were all pretty drunk. So who knows.
    Mr. MidFi
    Master of the Obvious

Pics of them in the house where they recorded, Joshua Tree.

Josh Homme produced most of the tracks.

http://www.mojo4music.com/blog/galle..._monkeys_2009/

Thread Information