AR Newbie Registered Member

Polk Audio LSi25 vs Klipsch RF-83

Which would you recommend to one who prefers a "brighter" or "crisper" sound? I realize speaker sound preference is subjective. Therefore, consider this is a "generally speaking" type of question.

Just trying to obtain some unbiased opinions in an effort to further narrow in on a purchase.

Power source is a Parasound Halo A-21 250 watt 2 channel amp and Parasound Halo P-3 pre amp.

Thanks in advance.

Suspended
    If you want bright and crisp you described Klipsch. However, it's been my experience that they tend to distort with good clean power like you have. I auditioned a pair of Klipsch towers in my home and hooked them to a Krell integrated and they sounded like hell at high volume. Despite the power rating the horns became just a mass of loud noise. If any access I'd suggest giving Paradigm a listen. Of course, Klipsch get loud with out much power so you don't necessarily have to use all you have With that system if you had the budget the Dynaudio Excite series would be a good option. They are extended in the high end but I wouldn't say overly bright, they still have a nice balance including great bass response and good detail. I haven't heard them but some here have described Monitor Audio as having an emphasis in the highs. From what you've said I don't think Polk is your speaker.

nightflier
    Not to take anything away from Mr.P.'s very complete post, but the LSi15 is a very detailed and over-achieving speaker. Not necessarily bright, but one heck of a performer. I would rate it much higher than the Klipsch and it can handle all that power easily. I think they would be a very good match for the Parasound amp.

I'll second the Polks

AR Newbie Registered Member
    This kind of feedback is exactly what I am looking for. Thank you so much.

By the way, I should have articlated in my original post that I am currently using a pair of Polk Audio RT2000i speakers.

No offense to Polk fans, but I have always regretted my purchase of the RT2000i's. I fully realize that speaker sound preference is subjective. However, I find my Polks to be way too heavy on the base. The highs, to my ears, sorley lack "crispness" and seem to be "muted".

Would if be a safe assumtion that my ears would experience the same with the LSi25?

Lastly, I am open to any brand. I do like Klipsch, but do not want to purchase speakers whose sound might fall apart at higher levels.

Thanks again for your thoughts......

nightflier
    I've owned several Polks over the years, and the LSi15 (as well as the other LSi models) are a significant improvement over the rest.

I have owned some Polks and I would have to favor the Polk's to. haha ... but Dynaudio is still a much better speaker but a bit more expensive haha

Thread Information