3LB
    hiding out in treetops, shouting out rude names

Anyone hear the new Wilco yet?

I heard a couple of tracks. I went down to the sacred store, where I'd heard the music play before, and they had a promo copy playing. Similar to the last one. One song in particular, a rather upbeat melody (not upbeat lyrics) reminded me of a George Harrison tune, what with its wha-wha guitar effect...pretty cool.
    Repost this on your wall if you love Jesus.

It's excellent. Every song is good (although it doesn't have much experimental aspects to it; not a problem for me when the song writing is this exceptional). Way more upbeat than their last. Get it! My album of the year thus far, and by a wide margin.
    Originally Posted by Troy: She has that same kind of cleft-pallet, slightly retarded way of singing that so many other people find endearing.

3LB
    hiding out in treetops, shouting out rude names
    What about the new Son Volt?
    Repost this on your wall if you love Jesus.

Quote Originally Posted by 3LB
    What about the new Son Volt?
    Kinda average IMO. I mean there isn't anything here to differentiate it from their other albums. Stuck in a rut in an AC/DC sorta way.
    Originally Posted by Troy: She has that same kind of cleft-pallet, slightly retarded way of singing that so many other people find endearing.

42 Regular
    I'm digging the new Wilco, too. As Slosh mentions, it is more upbeat and (I would say) more interesting from the first listen than their last effort. It'll make my YIR top 10 easily.

Then again, if you don't already have Summerteeth or YHF... you might want to start there.
    Mr. MidFi
    Master of the Obvious

Heard it one time through on the way to see The Church.

I really wish I hadn't heard it in a car first, but my buddy had the cd and I didn't, until today that is since my package arrived from DeepDiscount. I liked it pretty much but I'm not ready to heap the praise like Slosh did. I really need to hear it through my new speakers. Oh, did I mention that I got Paradigm Studio 100s?
    I call my bathroom Jim instead of John so I can tell people that I go to the Jim first thing every morning.

If you say the word 'gullible' very slowly it sounds just like oranges.

42 Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Swish
    I really wish I hadn't heard it in a car first, but my buddy had the cd and I didn't, until today that is since my package arrived from DeepDiscount. I liked it pretty much but I'm not ready to heap the praise like Slosh did. I really need to hear it through my new speakers. Oh, did I mention that I got Paradigm Studio 100s?
    Yeah, it's gonna sound better on the Paradigms...no doubt. There's some interesting things going on beneath the deceptive minimalism of "Bull Black Nova," for example.
    Mr. MidFi
    Master of the Obvious

Thread Information