The new speakers are installed and they sound sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet.

Yes, I'm quite happy with the Studio 100s, but I have to box them up in a few weeks. We listed our house for sale last Wednesday and sold it on Thursday...no kidding...and we have to be out by the end of July. I'll miss my HT room, but I plan to have a bigger and better one (projector instead of rear projection) next time.

I got a great deal on them since they were store demos, but as a trade-off, I'm selling my vintage circa 1973 Mu-Tron III auto-wah pedal and my 1959 Gibson L50 Archtop acoustic. I'll miss them, but I really need to part with some stuff in my efforts to simplify.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by Swish; 06-29-2009 at 06:43 AM. Reason: Typo
    I call my bathroom Jim instead of John so I can tell people that I go to the Jim first thing every morning.

If you say the word 'gullible' very slowly it sounds just like oranges.

Paradigm Rules.

I wish they still made the Studio 40's though, best bookshelf speakers ever.

Studio 100's? Pure sweetness.

Musicaholic Forums Moderator ForeverAutumn's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Swish
    Yes, I'm quite happy with the Studio 100s, but I have to box them up in a few weeks. We listed our house for sale last Wednesday and sold it on Thursday...no kidding...and we have to be out by the end of July. I'll miss my HT room, but I plan to have a bigger and better one (projector instead of rear projection) next time.
    Wow. Congrats on the quick sale of your house!

Hey, Swish, what a great stuff and nice room you have. With your kind permission (please), I'm just going to save the picture of your room to get an idea how I can make mine, all right? A very beautiful room indeed.

Cheers,
    Demetrio.

I have no issues with it. That was designed by...

Quote Originally Posted by Demetrio
    Hey, Swish, what a great stuff and nice room you have. With your kind permission (please), I'm just going to save the picture of your room to get an idea how I can make mine, all right? A very beautiful room indeed.

Cheers,
    Demetrio.
    ...a good friend of mine, and I know it was a big selling point for us, along with the rest of the finished area in the basement. Those columns are actually old wooden ones I bought at a place that sells all sorts of all home fixtures. They had to be dried out, cut down a bit, strap clamped and puttied up a bit. A good friend used a sponge painting technique to make them look like marble. The arch and panned ceiling are also pretty cool. What you can't see are some old chestnut pocket doors that seal off the room from the rest of the basement.
    I call my bathroom Jim instead of John so I can tell people that I go to the Jim first thing every morning.

Forum Regular Jack in Wilmington's Avatar
    Hey Swish, If you need any help moving let me know. I'd be glad to come up and give you a hand. Good luck finding a new place. It's sort of crunch time now.

Man of the People Forums Moderator bobsticks's Avatar
    Nice work Swishy.

R.I.P. to the Mu Tron a whamtastic albeit loud pedal. Sometimes those old ones are some goodies.
    So, I broke into the palace
    With a sponge and a rusty spanner
    She said : "Eh, I know you, and you cannot sing"
    I said : "That's nothing - you should hear me play piano"

I put the Gee in Gear.... thekid's Avatar
    Nice set-up-I'll just drop in with some DVD's and a couple of buckets of popcorn next time I am up in PA..........

nightflier
    I've read that in their desperation to sell homes, many people here in SoCal actually include the TVs and sound systems. Haven't seen anything very impressive, even in the much more expensive homes, but ya never know what you'll find.

BTW, that's not a commentary on your system, swish. That one is definitively a notch above the rest. Very nice columns, too.

Funny you should mention that. The buyer asked for all...

Quote Originally Posted by nightflier
    I've read that in their desperation to sell homes, many people here in SoCal actually include the TVs and sound systems. Haven't seen anything very impressive, even in the much more expensive homes, but ya never know what you'll find.

BTW, that's not a commentary on your system, swish. That one is definitively a notch above the rest. Very nice columns, too.
    ...my audio equipment in the deal. My realtor told his realtor that that equipment was never going to be included and that I just got new speakers and was bragging them up and down. I guess he had no idea how much that system set me back. I had to chuckle about that one. Nice try dude!

I paid $250 for it about 4 years ago and then had to...

Quote Originally Posted by bobsticks
    Nice work Swishy.

R.I.P. to the Mu Tron a whamtastic albeit loud pedal. Sometimes those old ones are some goodies.
    ...spend about $100 to have it repaired less than a few months later. I had a true bypass modification done at the same time, which was really worth the extra $. I should get at least $500 for it as they're rarer than hens' teeth. One that was missing the original knobs and without the power supply (I have the original) and was not working properly sold for about $230 on e-bay recently. Mine is 100% original and is in very good condition with the PS-1, so I'm thinking $500 minimum.

Nice try Jack!

Quote Originally Posted by Jack in Wilmington
    Hey Swish, If you need any help moving let me know. I'd be glad to come up and give you a hand. Good luck finding a new place. It's sort of crunch time now.
    I'm sure I could catch you as you tried making off with my Studio 100s as they weigh about 100 lbs. each!

Forum Regular Jack in Wilmington's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Swish
    I'm sure I could catch you as you tried making off with my Studio 100s as they weigh about 100 lbs. each!
    How did he see through that clever plan? I must work on my delivery.

Bigger and better is always good but that's a great little setup there. Can't wait to see the new room. Please be sure to post pics when it's ready to go.

Sorry to hear about the guitar gear going, I know how painful that can be for you guys with some talent.

jc
    "Ahh, cartoons! America's only native art form. I don't count jazz 'cuz it sucks"- Bartholomew J. Simpson

Thread Information