AR Newbie Registered Member

Talking Marantz SR-7000 Receiver - Banana Plugs

Hello Everyone,

I just purchased an entry level home theater receiver (Marantz SR-7000) and would like to connect my speakers to the rear of the receiver using banana plugs. However, the Marantz has a plastic insert where the plugs would be inserted into the receivers speakers out jacks. In one of the reviews on the Audio Review page a member mentioned being able to somehow remove those plastic inserts from the Marantz speaker out plugs. I have scanned the reviews several times but can't find the article that explains how to do this. Any help in solving this problem would be greatly appreciated and might make a good posting in the 'How To' section of the Audio Review discussion boards. Regards, Richard

Forum Regular
    Um, use tweezers, or a small knife to pry them out........or just the power of your mind, whichever works best.

Robert

AR Newbie Registered Member

removing binding post plastic inserts for marantz sr-19

hello hortonrk, did you figure out how to do this? i am trying to do the same for my marantz sr-19....

thanks

Quote Originally Posted by hortonrk
    Hello Everyone,

I just purchased an entry level home theater receiver (Marantz SR-7000) and would like to connect my speakers to the rear of the receiver using banana plugs. However, the Marantz has a plastic insert where the plugs would be inserted into the receivers speakers out jacks. In one of the reviews on the Audio Review page a member mentioned being able to somehow remove those plastic inserts from the Marantz speaker out plugs. I have scanned the reviews several times but can't find the article that explains how to do this. Any help in solving this problem would be greatly appreciated and might make a good posting in the 'How To' section of the Audio Review discussion boards. Regards, Richard

Thread Information