AR Newbie Registered Member

does anybody know what this is?

I was driving home the other day and saw this sitting next to a dumpster at albertsons. It looked old, so i put it in my trunk. I have no idea what it is, except that its really old. I counted 9 tubes inside, I forgot to take some pics of them. Most are telefunken tubes. The unit itself has am fm sw tuners, separate bass and treble controls, a tube thats supposed to glow when a radio station is tuned correctly, different sound settings i think in the frront there. the emblem at the very bottom says Audio Elite.
    It doesnt work right now. the plate on the back with all the ouputs and power cord has been removed (forcibly i expect). More pics to follow this weekend probably.
    Hers some pictures
    does anybody know what this is?-1.png

does anybody know what this is?-2.png

Going Nowhere too Fast Charlie04SiR's Avatar
    wow that looks really sweet! Looks to be a unit from an old Console stereo. I have seen that style unit before but it was an Italian one with Italian script on the face. Yours and that one mechanically looked very very close.
    If everybody had everything they wanted, the world would be a pretty boring place :)

I can't give you the exact model number, but I'm almost completely sure that it's a Nordmende...

I have a Nordmende table radio (traviata '57), and the knobs and buttons are almost completely identical, only this appears to be a console version...

Could you give any more pictures??
    based on the exterior, I'd place this in the mid-late 50's...

Any plans of using it? Nordmende was a pretty good brand back then for table radio's and consoles. My traviata hasn't been serviced at all, only replaced the tubes (a few years ago), and I find it sounding much more pleasant and actually better, overall, than our Tivoli Model 2 table radio upstairs...

Keep them spinning,
    Bert.
    Life is music!

Mcintosh MA6400 Integrated
    Double Advent speakers
    Thiel CS2.3's
    *DIY Lenco L75 TT
    * SME 3012 S2
    * Rega RB-301
    *Denon DL-103 in midas body
    *Denon DL-304
    *Graham slee elevator EXP & revelation
    *Lehmann audio black cube SE
    Marantz CD5001 OSE
    MIT AVt 2 IC's
    Sonic link Black earth IC's
    Siltech MXT New york IC's
    Kimber 4VS speakercable
    Furutech powercord and plugs.

I'm a happy 20 year old...

Btw, definitely keep the Telefunkens, excellent tubes...

Keep them spinning,
    Bert.
    Life is music!

Mcintosh MA6400 Integrated
    Double Advent speakers
    Thiel CS2.3's
    *DIY Lenco L75 TT
    * SME 3012 S2
    * Rega RB-301
    *Denon DL-103 in midas body
    *Denon DL-304
    *Graham slee elevator EXP & revelation
    *Lehmann audio black cube SE
    Marantz CD5001 OSE
    MIT AVt 2 IC's
    Sonic link Black earth IC's
    Siltech MXT New york IC's
    Kimber 4VS speakercable
    Furutech powercord and plugs.

I'm a happy 20 year old...

Forum Regular

Looks like Grundig (or similar spelling)

Quote Originally Posted by momurda2
    I was driving home the other day and saw this sitting next to a dumpster at albertsons. It looked old, so i put it in my trunk. I have no idea what it is, except that its really old. I counted 9 tubes inside, I forgot to take some pics of them. Most are telefunken tubes. The unit itself has am fm sw tuners, separate bass and treble controls, a tube thats supposed to glow when a radio station is tuned correctly, different sound settings i think in the frront there. the emblem at the very bottom says Audio Elite.
    It doesnt work right now. the plate on the back with all the ouputs and power cord has been removed (forcibly i expect). More pics to follow this weekend probably.
    Hers some pictures
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1.png 
Views:	134 
Size:	98.6 KB 
ID:	5664

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2.png 
Views:	110 
Size:	149.6 KB 
ID:	5665
    That's possibly 30-50's, but those ivory buttons bring back memories and those were high end at the time. Came in highly polished cases and cabinets, but that might depend on the age of the thing. With the Telefunken tubes this also seems to speak to Grundig.

See the meter and the double knob here: http://www.grundigsw.com/.bp.blogspot.com/
    http://www.grundigsw.com/

Thread Information