Forum Regular

Question What cables will I need for the following HTS?

I'm planning on finally taking the plunge into HD. I've done some research, and these are the components that I'm planning to buy for my 12 ft. x 12 ft. living room:

TV: Samsung LN32B650
    DVD: Samsung BD-P3600
    AVR: Onkyo TX-SR606B
    Speakers/Subwoofer: Energy 5.1 Take Classic

If you see any issues with the above selections, please feel free to voice them.

Now I need to figure out the right cables to purchase to connect all of these things so that I don't unnecessarily downgrade the experience by buying the wrong kind.

For HDMI cables, the Mediabridge - 6ft Ultra-High Speed HDMI Cable - 120 Hz - Version 1.3 Category 2 seems to be popular on Amazon. How many do I need? Would you recommend an alternative?

I believe that I also need speaker cable and a subwoofer cable, as the Energy system comes with neither. Is there a specific brand/gauge of speaker cable and of a subwoofer cable that you would recommend that won't wind up costing me multiple hundreds of dollars? I want realistic sound, but I also only have a 144 sq ft room. :-)

Any advice you can offer is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
    Mike

http://www.bluejeanscable.com/ will set you up. Looks like a good price for that Mediabridge cable though.

You'll need 2 HDMI cables unless you need a third for a cable/satellite decoder box your not telling us about.

Forum Regular

Re: What cables will I need...?

Thanks for the link. I'll check it out. Yes, I will have a cable box as well, so it sounds like I'll need 3 HDMI cables.

Suspended
    I second the BlueJeans. That would be perfect for your setup.

Thread Information